More transfer rumours

midds

2 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

It seems increasingly unlikely that we’re getting anyone in for the weekend. 

I appreciate it is difficult to get players in in January and we’re in a shit position. But it kind of feels like if we lose Saturday, then that’s another few nails in the coffin. 

We could really do with some new players, goal scorers and just competent footballers for this ‘easier’ run of games.  

But if we can't get them for these games, it would be nice to still pursue long term targets regardless. 

3 minutes ago, Rich said:

From L'Equipe via Google Translate:

The meetings between leaders of Monaco and representatives of Newcastle have multiplied this weekend for a transfer of Benoît Badiashile. But the defender's injury could slow the case down.

January 11, 2022 at 2:06 p.m

Benoit Badiashile is going through a particularly dense period. 

Dense period eh? The next Titus Bramble?

1 minute ago, thomas said:

I still put a lot of stock in his posts mind.  Not sure what's up with this week.

Does he definitely still have a source? He hasn't posted a line-up for ages, which points to the fact that he doesn't. It was weekly at one point.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

But if we can't get them for these games, it would be nice to still pursue long term targets regardless. 

Oh yeah, of course. It just feels like we need 4 points minimum from the next two games and with the current state of the squad and how bad we have been for most of the season. I just don’t see it. 

Just now, Rich said:

Does he definitely still have a source? He hasn't posted a line-up for ages, which points to the fact that he doesn't. It was weekly at one point.

ITK’ery has turned vaguer and vaguer too. From team news to “watch this space” during a transfer window when it’s inevitable we’ll be making some moves.

Think I’d be fairly confident to saying “I’m hearing we’re going to make signings” too.

Was completely off the boil during the whole takeover too. But spot on for team news.

8 minutes ago, Rich said:

Wasn't there some kerfuffle about all the social media scrotums nicking it off here and posting it on twitter?

it might suggest it if not, as you say. Want to see how this week plays out.

3 minutes ago, toon25 said:

So we're stuck with that fucking idiot Lascelles for Saturday then. And likely another Ritchie masterclass at LB.

I'd take watching Lascelles at CB over Krafth any day of the week!

15 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

It seems increasingly unlikely that we’re getting anyone in for the weekend. 

I appreciate it is difficult to get players in in January and we’re in a shit position. But it kind of feels like if we lose Saturday, then that’s another few nails in the coffin. 

We could really do with some new players, goal scorers and just competent footballers for this ‘easier’ run of games.  

Agreed. Questions need to be asked if we don't have a new striker before Watford. We needed one before Wilson's injury.

17 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

He called Bruce getting binned to be fair.

You didn't exactly need to be Nostradamus to predict the new owners were going to sack Bruce sometime after the Tottenham game.