More transfer rumours

midds

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

I think we can all just safely assume that we can't have nice things at this club. It would be fantastic if we already had 4 or 5 new faces in by now but we're Newcastle :undecided:

Our problem is that we have a shite squad to begin with, not that we haven't signed 4/5 players. In that respect we are on par with every other club.

We will sign 4/5 players BTW, of that I'm certain. The issue is how quickly we can get them in and how long we have to wait.

When other clubs start moving for players in the last week, it will get easier.

It's very early in the window yet. We have three more weeks of this! Problem is we needed as many in for this weekend as possible. It is what it is. No point panic buying this week but at the same time I am sure everyone behind the scenes at the club is as dissapointed ad frustrated as we are that things haven't moved quicker.

11 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I'd still love to know what 'preparing a bid' means. Are they checking their phone is fully charged?

I'm currently stood in Tesco preparing a bid for this loaf of bread. :lol:

That said, I work for a company where we do bid for things which can cost several million £, I can tell you first hand that it can be a long process because although it's not my primary role, I get involved in a lot of the bid work. Our bids can take several days to put together, sometimes more than a week, involving many different people.

I imagine that like what we do, for football everything has to be legally watertight for both sides - terms of payment, dates of payment, who to pay, any intermediaries to pay such as agents and how much, any clauses, when the clauses trigger and under what conditions and so on. If there's an appearance bonus, is that just league games? What about sub appearances? Making sure all that is fine and legally sound will necessarily take time.

I imagine its very rarely as simple as saying "We'll give you £30m", there's just too much involved. I get that it's very frustrating from the outside though.

Anyone notice the absolute bellends who began posting regularly as soon as the takeover happened?

They mostly seem to have registered their accounts about a year ago, almost as if they were just waiting for the instruction to post absolute crap.

1 minute ago, Chris_R said:

That said, I work for a company where we do bid for things which can cost several million £, I can tell you first hand that it can be a long process because although it's not my primary role, I get involved in a lot of the bid work. Our bids can take several days to put together, sometimes more than a week, involving many different people.

I imagine that like what we do, for football everything has to be legally watertight for both sides - terms of payment, dates of payment, who to pay, any intermediaries to pay such as agents and how much, any clauses, when the clauses trigger and under what conditions and so on. If there's an appearance bonus, is that just league games? What about sub appearances? Making sure all that is fine and legally sound will necessarily take time.

I imagine its very rarely as simple as saying "We'll give you £30m", there's just too much involved. I get that it's very frustrating from the outside though.

:thup:

1 minute ago, Chris_R said:

Wait till you get to the checkout and you find the price of that loaf has gone up.

Just now, morpeth mag said:

Wait till you get to the checkout and you find the price of that loaf has gone up.

And the bloke behind you says "look I saw all the notes in your wallet, you can pay £40 for that loaf easy, get a move on"

I should add that for these complex bids, both sides must agree on every single line item.

The paperwork will go back and forward several times with each side taking turns to proof read it and point out things they don't like - "You said £10m after 50 appearances, but you're including cup appearances there and we said only league appearances count", so back the whole document goes and you have to review the whole thing again. It can be a massive ballache but both sides are trying to guard against lawsuits further down the line because this document is legally binding.

You fuck up on this, writing "50 league appearances, £10m per appearance" instead of "£10m after 50 league appearances" and you've potentially screwed the entire company out of £490m, and the other side WILL hold you to it. Extreme example I know, but just trying to make a point that both sides will crawl over the proposal with a fine tooth comb, with people on both sides (Normal people like you or I, not billionaires) knowing their job is likely on the line if they drop a massive bollock over it, so nobody is going to rush anything just because a few nerds on the internet are getting their pants in a knot that the guy might not play at the weekend.

11 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Anyone notice the absolute bellends who began posting regularly as soon as the takeover happened?

They mostly seem to have registered their accounts about a year ago, almost as if they were just waiting for the instruction to post absolute crap.

There’s definitely the whiff of blue drink and dippers around some of them.

Remember that WUM Judge Holden? Bet he’s back in some form 

4 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Based on the fact that it would be massively bittersweet because he can't play for two months after which our 'easier' games will have come and gone, I think this will happen.

Edited by Dr Venkman

2 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

Based on the fact that it would be massively bittersweet because he can't play for two months after which our 'easier' games will have come and gone, I think this will happen.

Might actually give us more of a bargaining position as no one else will be interested either now. 

From L'Equipe via Google Translate:

The meetings between leaders of Monaco and representatives of Newcastle have multiplied this weekend for a transfer of Benoît Badiashile. But the defender's injury could slow the case down.

January 11, 2022 at 2:06 p.m

Benoit Badiashile is going through a particularly dense period. The young defender of AS Monaco came out injured against Nantes on Sunday (0-0). A muscle relapse that will take him away from the land until the beginning of March. An injury that occurs in a particular context. As revealed in our columns last week, the international Under-21s (20 years old, under contract until 2024) is attracting the interest of at least two clubs in England.

While Wolverhampton was positioned last week, it is Newcastle who have accelerated in recent days. Meetings between the leaders of AS Monaco and the representatives of the English club took place, in particular this weekend. The Magpies arrive with solid financial arguments. The potential offer listed would be for an amount of around € 40 million. Enough to convince AS Monaco? The Principality's club has entered into reflection.

But can this proposal still hold up with the player's injury? Not sure. Newcastle, in great difficulty in the Championship (19th, 11 points) can hardly afford to recruit a player who will not be available for several weeks. At the same time, Newcastle, who positioned themselves without success on Lille's Sven Botman (21), remains attentive to several cases of right-handed central defenders (Issa Diop ...).

It seems increasingly unlikely that we’re getting anyone in for the weekend. 

I appreciate it is difficult to get players in in January and we’re in a shit position. But it kind of feels like if we lose Saturday, then that’s another few nails in the coffin. 

We could really do with some new players, goal scorers and just competent footballers for this ‘easier’ run of games.  

Edited by Lush Vlad