Hugo Ekitike

Miggys First Goal

Just now, Chris_R said:

Ha yes, that's true. Such anticipation knowing the record was his for the taking and pandemonium when he scored it. That was vs Villa, 5-1. I remember I always used to have a daft bet with my mate before kickoff who would score first, and that day I said Bracewell, who I hadn't scored all season. He laughed and said "If Bracewell scores first I'll give you £100" which to us as poor students was an absolute fortune back then. Needless to say he smashed a thunderbastard in from 20+ yards. :lol:

Could have been 10-1 that evening, as with many a game where we could have scored double figures under KK, against anyone!

2 hours ago, HTT II said:

Howay man, one is a skinny 18 year old in France, the other is a recognised 1 in 3 PL striker. This isn't fantasy football FFS. It’s about the reality of the situation, can we afford to spunk 25m on a 1-3 PL striker, aye. Can we on an untested 18 year old, aye, but it’s about what is needed right now and although this one may be one for the future, I’m sure there are plenty more fish in the sea. Basically don’t use this as a stick to beat the signing of Wood nor its ramifications short-term. 

Got to agree with this, while I'd much rather spend £25m on Ekitike most days of the week, would he be the right signing in a relegation battle? Easy for fans to say this, but you have to go with proven record at this level and in this country, over potential. Safety from relegation has to come first in this window, and I can't hand on heart say I'd have done any different if our survival was on the line. 

7 hours ago, relámpago blanco said:

I've got a vague memory of Mathie against Sheff Wed.

Googled it before posting, it's this

This was the match that changes my heart and i got a full time Newcastle fan. Tears in my eyes ?

27 minutes ago, Chrisjraby said:

Being mentioned to be in talks with West Ham again tonight on SSN

Ekitike and Nunez. I would actually laugh.

Now is the time if you are west ham though. They will pay for themselves if they fire the club into the champions league.

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

They’re in a much better position on paper, and it’s London. It’s understandable if they attract a few players. 

From what was said on this thread earlier, he was ready to come here, we just weren't prepared to meet the price. No way should West Ham be getting this player ahead of us on financials. I remain hopeful that we will scupper their bid. 

7 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

They’re in a much better position on paper, and it’s London. It’s understandable if they attract a few players. 

I agree but surely as a young player he needs to play as much as possible to develop. Hard to think Moyes would drop Antonio or Bowen too often so he's looking at 15 mins every other week. How's that going to improve him? Even then he's still probably behind Lanzini, Fornals, Benrhama and Yarmolenko as an option off the bench. 

If he's thinking of his career he either stays where he is or moves to an ambitious team where he's actually going to play imo. 

11 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

He's not the right player for us at this moment in time.  He looks very raw, if West Ham can sign him then we can.

If West Ham can though it makes you wonder why they haven't signed Lingard.

Man U won't sell to a CL rival. 

Could be a decent wildcard? We’ve got absolutely fuck all on the bench at the minute and that hasn’t changed with the signings we’ve made.

Darlow

Krafth

Schar/Lascelles

Lewis

Willock

S. Longstaff

Almiron

Murphy

Gayle

Zero game changers there, and that’s pretty much the best bench we could name in the here and now.