Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

Only two of our players have scored 3 or more goals in the first half of the season. Adding 3 goals that make the difference into that, with Wilson coming back as first choice, could be decisive anyway. Add to that him potentially helping us play ASM in a more productive role than making him as a CF.

Edited by Inferior Acuña

1 minute ago, xLiaaamx said:

Interesting we seem to take at least over a day to complete a signing. So deadline day won't actually be that exciting as we'll need to have agreed fee the day before. 

:lol:

The paperwork being signed and announcing a player are two totally different things and only one which actually needs to be done before the deadline. 

2 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

Interesting we seem to take at least over a day to complete a signing. So deadline day won't actually be that exciting as we'll need to have agreed fee the day before. 

Like the Trippier announcement, there’ll be time given to the club’s in-house media team to sort photos, interviews and package it all up.

They have kept this whole thing well under wraps. No sign of him on photos or anything.

I wonder if we have been worried that Burnley would try and convince him to stay there. Seems very cloak and dagger, this one.

They seem to be acting faster too, which is good because we need the lanky cunt for Saturday.

11 hours ago, KaKa said:

This is actually a very impressive collection of goals. 

Surprised at how much he gets in behind and how quick he looks in these. Think this guy is going to make a big difference for us.

I know he's a big guy, but is he actually a target man type? Seems to look to get in behind more than coming short and holding up the ball. Seems to me that Barnes was more of the guy that played the target man role.

A few scuffs, second bites in the mix 😬 Most will come from set pieces - Trippier-->Wood.  Best win these corners.

5 minutes ago, Toon_Crazy said:

I wonder whether the slight delay in announcing signings is anything to do with the time difference to Saudia Arabia... Hopefully another 8am reveal. HTL

The Casbah only rocks after 8AM. 

2 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Sound enough view from this Burnley fan, one that went to the Norwich 4-3. 

I don't usually watch these type of vids, but was curious in this instance.  The lad was talking sense there for me.

Funny thing is, I don't like seeing Northern teams relegated generally - unless it directly impacts us, or the relegated team is the mackems (not arsed by smoggies).  Always preferred to have a shorter travel distance for away games; besides, football always 'feels' more like a Northern game (despite there being very little evidence to support this ...)

6 minutes ago, MarkyMark said:

I don't usually watch these type of vids, but was curious in this instance.  The lad was talking sense there for me.

Funny thing is, I don't like seeing Northern teams relegated generally - unless it directly impacts us, or the relegated team is the mackems (not arsed by smoggies).  Always preferred to have a shorter travel distance for away games; besides, football always 'feels' more like a Northern game (despite there being very little evidence to support this ...)

How can he not be salty? Can't blame him at all. That said, I'd move on. It's just how it is.