Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

7 minutes ago, Slim said:

Just have be controversial to get hits on twitter/callers etc.

People fall for it all the time.

Agree that this is talkshite's modus operandi, but I personally don't think Agbonlahor's clever enough for that.

His shit thick opinions are all products of his own muddled mind.

Just now, bigfella said:

Agree that this is talkshite's modus operandi, but I personally don't think Agbonlahor's clever enough for that.

His shit thick opinions are all products of his own muddled mind.

Yeah tbh I was also gonna say that. 

13 days in and we’ve signed two vastly experienced quality PL level players with good character, professionalism and both on reasonable deals. I do believe Trippier and Wood are Howe signings, I’m certain PIF will now want one of their own, a big name…

12 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Burnley will really struggle to get anyone now. Either to find them or to attract them. 

Burnley are like us but without the future prospects. 

Hope you’re right.

I do think the biggest risk could be that they use this transfer to improve their squad even more. Shame we’re as desperate as we are for a striker. Otherwise we could have done this deal much later in the window and given them less time to find a replacement.

Burnley will experience exactly the same pitfalls that we have: clubs not wanting to sell mid-season, inflated fees, agent shenanigans, etc. On top of that they're in exactly the same perilous position in the league, without the positivity of an ambitious owner behind them. I can't say I'd want to be in their position.

1 hour ago, HTT II said:

Great news, I’m liking that we are signing good pros, good characters and he’s had some journey to get here looking at his career, welcome to the club and fingers crossed he becomes a smash hit, again I’m very pleased with this signing.

Getting the right characters in is very important. Trippier and Wood will certainly fit the mold in that regard. This isn't a sexy signing, but it's a very smart one, and will probably save us from relegation. 

Very pleased with this - great character, big presence and has double figures in all of his Premier League seasons.

For where we currently are, he's a great signing.

New Zealand vice captain so another leader like Tripper - something we're desperately lacking!

The Athletic article gives a bit of insight into his play style, which I also gathered from his highlights. Seems to be more of a striker that looks to get in behind, rather than a hold up player/target man.

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

The Athletic article gives a bit of insight into his play style, which I also gathered from his highlights. Seems to be more of a striker that looks to get in behind, rather than a hold up player/target man.

Also seems to prepare us of Ameobi-like levels of offside.... :lol:

Still a bit meh about this, when we were taken over I wasnt expecting Chris Wood to be our striker signing. Burnley forums are mixed with a few saying they're gutted and a few saying its good business as he doesn't offer anything. Of course I'd love to look back and think actually that was a class piece of business. Only time will tell

1 minute ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Still a bit meh about this, when we were taken over I wasnt expecting Chris Wood to be our striker signing. Burnley forums are mixed with a few saying they're gutted and a few saying its good business as he doesn't offer anything. Of course I'd love to look back and think actually that was a class piece of business. Only time will tell

We just need to survive this year. If anything it’s  encouraging they are willing to literally spend stupid money just to stay up this season. 

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Burnley will really struggle to get anyone now. Either to find them or to attract them. 

Burnley are like us but without the future prospects. 

Burnley's days as a PL club were over when this very dodgy takeover was allowed to go through. I've always had a bit of of a soft spot for them - they signed a lot of lads from the NE back in the day and I also know Ray Hankin, who was there centre-forward during the mid-70's. before they sold him to Leeds. They may have a lot of gammon for supporters, but they still have (or had) the feel of a proper, traditional club.

16 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Not read it, but I did see some stats on his heading and it was impressive.  I know Burnley love hoofing it up there and getting crosses in, so not sure how it translates as percentages.  But I think he was first for aerial duels won, 3rd for headed shots and 2nd for headers on target.  

I know he's a lump, but I don't think it's like he's just an out and out target man in the mould of someone like Carroll.  There is a bit more nuance to his game than that when I have seen him and I don't think he is slow for his size, by any means.  

I still think this will be end up being a decent enough, whilst not the most inspiring signing and I'm not as down on it as some on here.