Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

9 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Not read it, but I did see some stats on his heading and it was impressive.  I know Burnley love hoofing it up there and getting crosses in, so not sure how it translates as percentages.  But I think he was first for aerial duels won, 3rd for headed shots and 2nd for headers on target.  

I know he's a lump, but I don't think it's like he's just an out and out target man in the mould of someone like Carroll.  There is a bit more nuance to his game than that when I have seen him and I don't think he is slow for his size, by any means.  

I still think this will be end up being a decent enough, whilst not the most inspiring signing and I'm not as down on it as some on here.  

Yeah, I think he's very good in the air that's for sure, and he does seem to have really decent speed for his size too.

I was referring more to his play style, in the sense that I don't think he's one that looks to drop into space and come towards the ball to link play. I think Ashley Barnes probably did more of that at Burnley, while Wood looked to stretch teams with runs in behind.

Also, I love how we just chucked £25m on a player and people aren't batting an eyelid, feels so counter intuitive to where we where 3 months back. If i'm right he's only our second highest transfer of all time. :lol: 

5 minutes ago, 54 said:

Also, I love how we just chucked £25m on a player and people aren't batting an eyelid, feels so counter intuitive to where we where 3 months back. If i'm right he's only our second highest transfer of all time. :lol: 

Insane that our second highest transfer of all time is 30 year old Chris Wood.[emoji38]

Imagine how much they'll be willing to spend on actual top class players.

13 minutes ago, St. Maximin said:

Continuing the ex-Bournemouth/Burnley connection and Howe’s policy of signing players with mainstream British names. Good to see. 

It'd be good to get a squad of 2 syllable players or less. It'd be loads of plodding Brits and a bunch of random Brazilians.

2 hours ago, r0cafella said:

Every time I see this lad he says at least one thing that makes me think he’s never seen a game of football in his life. ‘Their best players play out wide, like Ryan Fraser’. Picks Ritchie in every team. Wants us to sign utter shit. Good production but the underlying football brain is suss.