Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

12 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

Based on Eddies comments Im not sure him, maxi or Wilson are going to be available this weekend.  Bruno is probably the most important but I want him in the role he played last season.

What's Eddie said?

2 minutes ago, Scoot said:

What's Eddie said?

He said he hoped to have maybe 2 back soon.  Bruno also said the below:

“I’ve been working hard for this.

“It’s my goal (to be fit for West Ham), but I don’t know if I will be ready.

“I know I need to answer this question for a lot of fans today!

“I’m doing my best to be ready as soon as possible.”

1 hour ago, et tu brute said:

Think he is getting right up his own arse. Stick to what your best at entertaining young kids and giving them the opportunity of getting your 'autograph'. Don't know why anyone over the age of 14 gives him the time of day to be honest. 

Was staring at this, trying to work it out, thinking you were talking about Bruno for a while :lol:

55 minutes ago, LV said:

Or that. I just remember it didn’t happen against Tranmere 

Nah think i read it was actually an injury he got during City that didn't really "appear" until Tranmere and he only came on for Penalties. 

• 2 weeks later...

@Flip

Saw the opening few minutes of West Ham last night just to get a look at Paqueta, and he looked too skilful and clever, a real talent - I ended up switching channels because it was making me feel queasy seeing him in a claret and blue shirt.

What I want to know is, would he really have worked with Bruno as a duo in English football? I just can't see it, both are fantastic footballers, but both look better offensively than defensively. Do you think this is the reason why we steered clear? I think if we'd signed Paqueta who we were originally watching, then we wouldn't have signed Bruno. It was one or the other for me.

19 minutes ago, TRon said:

@Flip

Saw the opening few minutes of West Ham last night just to get a look at Paqueta, and he looked too skilful and clever, a real talent - I ended up switching channels because it was making me feel queasy seeing him in a claret and blue shirt.

What I want to know is, would he really have worked with Bruno as a duo in English football? I just can't see it, both are fantastic footballers, but both look better offensively than defensively. Do you think this is the reason why we steered clear? I think if we'd signed Paqueta who we were originally watching, then we wouldn't have signed Bruno. It was one or the other for me.

Two different players for me, and two players that complement each other well in a midfield three. Even more so with Joelinton I'd imagine. . Think we steered clear as they realized Wilson can't be trusted and went with Isak instead. 

40 minutes ago, Flip said:

Two different players for me, and two players that complement each other well in a midfield three. Even more so with Joelinton I'd imagine. . Think we steered clear as they realized Wilson can't be trusted and went with Isak instead. 

That would be a real shame if it was because of FFP concerns, so we didn't want to spend all in one window. I would have thought if the right player, of the right age becomes available, you make the deal. Then you don't have to buy the same player down the line. I still think we didn't go in for tactical reasons as much as anything else.