Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

2 minutes ago, Paully said:

Amazing player on the pitch and amazing person off it - absolutely adore him!

Imagine one year ago that we’d be watching this fella every week?! 

It's the stuff of dreams in all honesty. A little over a year ago I was so out of love with football. Wanting my team to lose every game, hating everything to do with the club and now I'm sitting here watching a world class Brazilian being interviewed in his native tongue, looking out over St James Park and saying nothing but great things about the city, the stadium, the fans, especially after years of being told no decent player could ever lower himself to live in this part of the world. I am scared that I am going to wake up soon and that this was all a dream. 

I want him to be our Kompany or whoever that sees it through to the end of his career, but deep down think we'll get a very good 4-5 years out of him before getting a bit of profit from him from Real Madrid when he gets to 28-29 which will help towards FFP and we'll be in a position to hand pick his replacement. 

2 hours ago, Astroblack said:

Aye just being paranoid as usual. New ownership still hasn’t 100% sunk in. 

:thup: Don't blame you. But our players got loads of attention in the 90s and it wasn't a bad thing then, so it doesn't have to be now.

3 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I want him to be our Kompany or whoever that sees it through to the end of his career, but deep down think we'll get a very good 4-5 years out of him before getting a bit of profit from him from Real Madrid when he gets to 28-29 which will help towards FFP and we'll be in a position to hand pick his replacement. 

I’m thinking Summer 2024 if we aren’t up there. He’ll be 27. I want him to shine at the biggest stages. 

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

We might be as big as Real Madrid by then, or possibly heading that way …no expectations of that at all mind, but just saying 😊

Like the manager and Trippier. he is the perfect fit for this stage of the development and transition to a team that will challenge for honours. He not only has the ability and application to carry it off, but also that infectious personality that is visibly having an effect on the team's performance. i'm not bothered for a second whoever he is linked with, he's our talisman and he fucking well knows it

5 hours ago, Cattletrucked said:

We might be as big as Real Madrid by then, or possibly heading that way …no expectations of that at all mind, but just saying 😊

We could be, just it's the dream of most South American footballers to play for Real Madrid or Barcelona.

9 hours ago, maze said:

For £200m-£300m upfront anything can happen. Otherwise f*** off. 

Imagine if we got £200m - plus we had a kitty of £60-£70m 

We could sign 3 very good players 

Ps - I wouldn’t sell bruno at all 

I am just saying (with our manager / director of football) ….I think we could do a huge amount with that sort of money?

Personally I would build a team around Bruno , the above is hypothetical if he was desperate to leave for Madrid 

He’ll get a new contract but I also think he genuinely believes in the project moving forwards and seems to have a genuine bond with the other players fans and city. We’re on the up and going places and for his development we suit him. He’s perfect for us and vice versa currently. He knows we’ll be aiming to bring in the Calibre of himself, Botman et al in Jan and next summer and our team could be a real force next summer.

i think he’ll be with us for a good few seasons yet but ultimately if Real Madrid come calling at some point and he wants to leave he’ll leave. That said we’ll get a wedge of cash anyway if that time does come and the money will be re-invested back into the team.

I really don’t think anyone needs to worry about Bruno leaving anytime soon yet though. 

Edited by ExiledGeordie

These are the acceptable conditions for any Bruno exit:

He gives us another 2 full seasons

He goes abroad.

We get 100m+ 

We are qualified for the CL

We have a replacement in place before he's gone

4 minutes ago, Sima said:

If we’re in the CL we’ll not have to sell him at all unless he absolutely forces it.

In a scenario where Real Madrid come calling and we are sitting as a 4th placed side in the PL, I think he might ask for the move.

I don't think he will ever kick up a fuss FWIW, it's about both parties respecting each others wishes.

Anyway, let's just enjoy him.

8 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Why didn’t they include Mirandinha (first Brazilian to play in England, I think…) in list of NUFC Brazilian players? Was it a football didn’t exist before the Premier League kind of question? 

Like on that clip 5:12 him being encouraged by his teammates. Small details maybe but a great advert for our team spirit EH has built.

1 hour ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Why didn’t they include Mirandinha (first Brazilian to play in England, I think…) in list of NUFC Brazilian players? Was it a football didn’t exist before the Premier League kind of question? 

Thought the same thing, but double checked and they very specifically say 'in the premier league'. So your hypothesis was right, basically.

If we continue to progress he will be here for a good while at least. All the other clubs had the opportunity to sign him, but didn't take the plunge. He knows the project and he knows it won't happen overnight. He looks like he's living the dream, his family are loving every moment and he's just experienced the greatest gift you can have in life. Honestly think for the next two year minimum, his and his family's personal happiness will take priority. Hopefully by the time he starts to prioritise his professional ambitions, the club has continued to progress to match these also. I'm confident they will. 

Edited by et tu brute

1 hour ago, Joey Linton said:

Might be completely misplaced, but its so weird feeling completely relaxed about this. Gone are the days of the likes of pardew actively hawking our players around.

And worst case scenario, you know it would be reinvested properly.