Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

50 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

The lad looks like fucking Pirlo[emoji38]

Well…. I’m not sure what’s more impressive?!

The balance on and off the ball. The tackling and ability to nick the ball back. 

The passing and vision. The calmness in possession. His skills?! 

Only ‘weakness’ I’ve seen mentioned by journos and from clips and his stats. He doesn’t score many and you’d also think he’d have more assists for how good his passing and through balls are. Some awful finishing on show, mind. 

20 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Well…. I’m not sure what’s more impressive?!

The balance on and off the ball. The tackling and ability to nick the ball back. 

The passing and vision. The calmness in possession. His skills?! 

Only ‘weakness’ I’ve seen mentioned by journos and from clips and his stats. He doesn’t score many and you’d also think he’d have more assists for how good his passing and through balls are. Some awful finishing on show, mind. 

The problem is giving passes of that quality to Chris Wood. It would have been better to have hired someone to kick the ball into the air like rugby.

Edited by cranna

Just now, JB said:

Ridiculous signing this, how are we getting someone this good?!

Honestly, it only makes sense to bring Bruno Guimarães if it's to compose together with a player like Zapata in attack. You can't have a guy like that in midfield without a quality striker.

Guest reefatoon
1 hour ago, Hanshithispantz said:

The lad looks like fucking Pirlo[emoji38]

Some of those bursting runs with his elbows up in peoples faces looks like how Gazza used to go through. Real exciting signing this.

2 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Going to be a waste if we don't get more mobility around him though, unfortunately.

Completely agree, we need a striker or winger with pace who also can find the back of the net. Really important that we make a signing who’s got great pace and can make good runs. ASM can only do so much 

13 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Going to be a waste if we don't get more mobility around him though, unfortunately.

Yeah, I just don't see how Wood is going to be getting on the end of those through balls. Wilson when he's fit though....

10 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Completely agree, we need a striker or winger with pace who also can find the back of the net. Really important that we make a signing who’s got great pace and can make good runs. ASM can only do so much 

Sounds like we need another Brazilian in Raphinha….

Just now, Hanshithispantz said:

We deffinitely need a winger who can score goals. Murphy and Willock would probably benefit most from him though.

Be chuffed if we can get Lingard in as he fits that perfectly. But bit mad how given all the cries to get more CBs in we've signed anything but so far. :lol:

2 minutes ago, gdm said:

looking at these passes in behind I’m convinced we need another striker. Wood isn’t running in behind. 

Think it would work if we had ASM running in behind instead of coming deep looking for the ball, along with a new winger such as Lingard and Willock making the runs beyond Wood. Do agree though, just no clue who we could get.

2 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Think it would work if we had ASM running in behind instead of coming deep looking for the ball, along with a new winger such as Lingard and Willock making the runs beyond Wood. Do agree though, just no clue who we could get.

Zapata would be perfect sadly