Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

Superb signing by all accounts, don't recall a single negative expressed about him as a player, everyone thinks he's sheer class which is very encouraging. Also a bit of a coup for Staveley too, seems like we stole him from one or 2 bigger clubs who could offer him European football, excellent work by the negotiating team, good stuff. Can't wait to watch him play now :)

Did a bit more YT scouting. It was a brief clip but I'm pretty sure in one of them, he chased down and cleanly dis-possessed Mbappe in full flight. I find it hard to believe someone like Longstaff could manage this. Thinking about that puts me in the mind of Gareth Barry kicking and flailing at thin air as Ozil pisses past him at the 2006 WC in Germany :lol:

Also in the past, this is the type of signing that if Chelsea made it, you'd most likely shrug, allow yourself a few seconds of mumbled jealousy and then move on with wondering what tripe we'll get on loan on deadline day. Amazing signing.

Edited by LionOfGosforth

37 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

The Brazil match is Tuesday night so no reason he can't be here sooner than Friday 

He’ll fly out the same night as the match so will be getting into Europe early wednesday. Or at least that is what all the players playing in Europe usually do. So you’d have to expect for him to be in Newcastle on wednesday. 

The fact that we have these players without release clauses, meaning we would certainly piss the championship, tells me it's not our destiny to get relegated.

Imagine having Trippier, Bruno, ASM, Wilson, Wood and Joelinton in championship. :lol: