Matt Targett

SUPERTOON

Amateur hour again, seems that we could easily have just waited until the summer and spent a month on this before pursuing any new targets.

Miss the old regime on days like this.

Guest reefatoon
1 hour ago, RodneyCisse said:

I almost worry a fee being leaked might get others interested/involved.

Also seems mad to have all their eggs in Dignes basket.

It won’t make a difference if it’s already agreed. 

It's a very reasonable fee, but perhaps more than that, the ball is in our court. We can sign him up quickly if desired (I'm sure it will be) and focus our recruitment elsewhere. We'll be looking for players higher up the food chain, and that usually means more work to get the deals done. 

19 hours ago, Nine said:

This is a big point for us at the moment, it defo feels like we are signing players depending on their personality as much as their ability. Howe seems to have an exact idea of the type of mentality he wants around the club.

Definitely. You need to have players who are good enough to improve you, but with someone like Targett who seems really keen to be part of the project, that's got to be worth a few million in itself. Doesn't look like he breaks easily either judging how he came out of that studs to the shin tackle in the Brentford game.

7 hours ago, NWMag said:

Thought Matt had another good game tonight, not sure he’s able to perform at less than a 7/10. Been a great signing 

That’s his strength and weakness, he’s a 7/10 player throughout and will consistently give you that week in week out.

Don’t think he has levels above that but nevertheless more than adecuate for what we need atm

Edited by Roids

Guest HTT II

Mr dependable, doesn’t panic, seems to have built up a good understanding with Burn on the left of the defence and supports in attack when he can without being expansive. Solid!

Thought he was caught slow on the ball a couple of times tonight but maybe think it was potentially Burn's passes to him being a bit late which left him with less time. His corners are mint. He had a tough time of it but dealt relatively well. He was still a better performer of the 11. Just used to his insanely high standards. 

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

3 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Thought he was caught slow on the ball a couple of times tonight but maybe think it was potentially Burn's passes to him being a bit late which left him with less time. His corners are mint. He had a tough time of it but dealt relatively well. He was still a better performer of the 11. Just used to his insanely high standards. 

Think that was team team thing. We had a spell of about 20mins in the first half where we pressed well and dominated possession, outside that we struggled throughout the team.

Another solid seven for me. Wasn't as much of an influence in the final third but I'm happy with him.

As it stands right now we're going to need a minimum of two left-backs this summer. I don't rate Lewis and Dummett is finished for me. I'd be more than happy if this lad was the first through the door.

Edited by Thiago

Burn and Schar have hit higher heights, but neither have been without errors in the way Targett has. He's just solid and dependable. He's been a 7, 8, or 9 every match since he joined. An excellent signing if we get him for £15m.

Totally agree regarding corners. His set pieces have been really good in absence of Trippier. Having full backs who can take set pieces is a massive help as it allows you to keep your more natural goal threats in offensive positions.