Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

I'll probably watch that to be honest. Would have been better if they could have just shown the Sky games as well, or better still, Sky picked the logical relegation match in the first place.

Not much riding on the Serie A matches tonight. Fiorentina will secure their Europa Conference place if they at least match Atalanta's result (Fiorentina vs Juventus). 3 matches on BT Sport starting now.

Ligue 1 looks more interesting - Monaco vs Lens, and Marseille vs Strasbourg. The M's will secure their Champions League places with a point, although their opponents have Europa Conference and Europe League respectively on their own minds. Both matches on BT Sport at 8pm.  Rennes can clinch a CL spot if there is a slip up from the home sides and they beat Lille.

Sky are showing all the goals as they've gone in tomorrow as well now with Stelling on the Soccer Special, will be able to show them from all 10 games as well, so looks like watching that will be the best bet

On 20/05/2022 at 16:24, neesy111 said:

Some people thought we were excellent for most of the 5th season, I remember us nicking so many wins and hanging for dear life in many.  Semantics.

xG that most seem to hate told the real story about that season and we shouldn't have been anywhere near CL places.

On 20/05/2022 at 19:41, The College Dropout said:

We've done the same during this run largely.

Aye, we are 4th in points in 2022 but only 11th on expected points. This is not a dig at Howe in anyway and the spirit he instilled to the squad probably played a role in the overachieving. Just makes the talk of challenging for Top 6 or even Top 4 next season by some knackers premature. 

So what does everyone think will happen today? Reckon we relegate Burnley and finish top 10. Citeh win the title. Spuds get 4th place. Wham finish ahead of Manure (not that anyone cares about them)

2 minutes ago, Dokko said:

So what does everyone think will happen today? Reckon we relegate Burnley and finish top 10. Citeh win the title. Spuds get 4th place. Wham finish ahead of Manure (not that anyone cares about them)

I think you’ve got everything right. Then again, this is Football and it could easily be Leeds relegated, Liverpool pips Citeh, Arsenal 4th and West Ham behind Man United. :lol:

1 minute ago, The Bonk said:

I think you’ve got everything right. Then again, this is Football and it could easily be Leeds relegated, Liverpool pips Citeh, Arsenal 4th and West Ham behind Man United. :lol:

Aye. I hope there's a surprise there somewhere. I'd like Leeds to stay up as I know a couple of Leeds fans and they are canny, and Burnley have outstayed their welcome in the league. Though Leeds going down is the bigger story.

What shocks me is what a difference half a season makes. We were all sat here jealous of Leeds, their style, their manager and half of their players. Only one team was going down and the other look liked it had arrived. 

2 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Aye. I hope there's a surprise there somewhere. I'd like Leeds to stay up as I know a couple of Leeds fans and they are canny, and Burnley have outstayed their welcome in the league. Though Leeds going down is the bigger story.

What shocks me is what a difference half a season makes. We were all sat here jealous of Leeds, their style, their manager and half of their players. Only one team was going down and the other look liked it had arrived. 

We were so fucked, if we finish 10th, it’s been a truly remarkable season. [emoji38]

27 minutes ago, Dokko said:

I remember going into the away game convinced we'd lose. We scabbed win there and haven't looked back, while they've collapsed completely.