Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

1 minute ago, ponsaelius said:

To me if you're sliding in to get the ball then you've intentionally played it, even if technically the Madrid player gets their first. It's not like it's randomly pinged off you from a shot. Unlucky yes, but still should have been a goal IMO.

:thup:

Hit off 2 Liverpool players after the Real touch. That's a bit shit IMO. 

Also surely the rule should be changed so that a goalkeeper doesn't count for offside and it should be if the attacker is behind every outfield defenders on the other side its onside.

Fabinho doesn't deliberately pass the ball to Benzema? Surely no player is deliberately playing a pass to an opposition player

Edited by joeyt

Just now, Peder75 said:

The ball was deliberately tackled by Konaté, then it hits Fabinhos knee. Clear goal for me. The ball came off Konaté to Benzema (through Fabinho).

So it doesn't touch any Madrid player till it comes to Benzema ?

1 minute ago, Peder75 said:

The ball was deliberately tackled by Konaté, then it hits Fabinhos knee. Clear goal for me. The ball came off Konaté to Benzema (through Fabinho).

That's how I saw it.

I think the situation can be interpreted in different ways but ultimately the referee(s) make the offside call mainly because it’s Final and they don’t want to bear the responsibility that such a goal decides the winner

6 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

It’s mad I’ve gone through my entire life not knowing that or ever hearing it mentioned. Wild 

I’ve been watching football since the 80s and I’ve had so many of these moments :lol:

Like, ‘wtf?!! When did that rule change’

Feels like a different sport at times 

Just now, WillingtonMag said:

That's the wrong decision 

It's the right decision according to the rules but goals like that should stand. Can't see what offence Real have made in that situation, Real fucked up the clearance and Benzema finished it. It should have been awarded imo but they have to follow the rules as they're currently written

I thought it came off a Madrid tackle first then Fabinho, which I could have understood to a degree, although still bollocks. However that last replay shows Konate onto Fabinho. Absolutely clear goal.

Guest neesy111

The initial pass makes benzema offside lz that's how the rule was for ridiculous time.

Edit: new replay shows differently.

Edited by neesy111