General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

From .com:

The next set of Sky live fixtures will be revealed this coming Friday at 10am, when the date and kick-off times of three NUFC games will be confirmed*:

Sat 14.01.2017 Brentford (a)

Sat 21.01.2017 Rotherham (h)

Sat 28.01.2017 Brighton (a)*

*NB: the Brighton game is scheduled for FA Cup Fourth Round weekend, meaning that it would be rearranged at another time in the season if either ourselves or Albion won their Third Round tie on or around January 7th.

As final confirmation of that happening could be delayed until after a possible Third Round replay on or around January 17th then Sky will either ignore our Brighton trip or announce a TV slot for it knowing that it's tbc

From .com:

The next set of Sky live fixtures will be revealed this coming Friday at 10am, when the date and kick-off times of three NUFC games will be confirmed*:

*NB: the Brighton game is scheduled for FA Cup Fourth Round weekend, meaning that it would be rearranged at another time in the season if either ourselves or Albion won their Third Round tie on or around January 7th.

As final confirmation of that happening could be delayed until after a possible Third Round replay on or around January 17th then Sky will either ignore our Brighton trip or announce a TV slot for it knowing that it's tbc

League matches scheduled for 4th Round weekend is a new thing, isn't it?!

Or is it a Championship thing?!

From .com:

My old man booked flights to Southampton for the Brighton match and we found out about this a few weeks ago, ha!

I live there so it's not that bad. He's just got to hope if we are in it, it's an away tie anywhere from Bristol across to London or Southwards otherwise it'll be no football for him.

6 of us all booked for Brentford. Every possibility covered except Noon Sunday KO... I can see it happening now :lol:

We did the same for Nottingham Forest in December, covering every possibility over the weekend. Of course it got moved to the Friday night slot :huff:

6 of us all booked for Brentford. Every possibility covered except Noon Sunday KO... I can see it happening now :lol:

We did the same for Nottingham Forest in December, covering every possibility over the weekend. Of course it got moved to the Friday night slot :huff:

Covered for the Friday night as that's the one I originally feared but noticed Sky put an odd Sunday noon game on from time to time even though they've 2 premiership games already picked that Sunday.

We are just the tip of the iceberg that is about to hit the Championship. We should go up quite easily this season and have been able to buy players this summer who appear to be a step above the Championship, let alone keep a hold of those types of players. Not only that but we have been able to do that by making a profit on the players who we couldn't/didn't want to keep a hold of. Aston Villa for all the turmoil are also putting themselves in with a chance of going up, and I'd be surprised if they didn't at least make the play offs. Villa like us have bought a couple of players who are a step up above the Championship, though they appear to all be in one area in their case.

In my opinion this is only going to get worse for Championship clubs, imagine if Swansea go down this season, they will be able to assemble a squad good enough to take a promotion place where Championship clubs won't get a look in. For all that Sunderland are in free fall you can't rule out the appointment of a PFM who should be able to do what Villa will end up doing. In future years as more established clubs get relegated (which happens often) there will be more clubs who do what we are expected to do this season. WBA will fall at some point, imagine if Leicester have a couple of bad seasons in downward spiral, they would be a coup for any player to go to in the Championship.

In addition to this you always have the teams who yoyo, Norwich, Hull, Burnley, they all seem to garauntee themselves a promotion or play off place. In the years ahead Championship clubs are going to find it harder and harder to gain promotion, in fact I would dare say that in most cases it will be a situation where Championship clubs will only be able to gain promotion via getting into the play offs and putting a run together in them. For as much as the Premier League 2 has been suggested it appears that soon enough it will happen naturally with Premier League relegation clubs running the top of that Championship, add in that if the EFL shorten it to 20 teams then we could easily see an elite 4-6 clubs in the Championship season after season like is the case in the Premier League. If you are a fan of a Championship club, or even a club further down the league system who have ambitions then it is easy to see how fans of these clubs are frustrated and as a result hate us (and others in future), it's also a pretty understandable reaction, so I don't blame fans of those clubs having a bit ill feeling towards us because of this, wouldn't you if the shoe was on the other foot?