General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

1 game away from a Cup quarter-final ffs. Get another home tie, avoid the big guns in the draw and boy we could have a first semifinal at SJP since Drogba and Marseille came and got that draw.

Getting the winners of Bristol City v Hull or Leeds v Norwich at home would be a great draw for us.

I'm in London that week, would love an away tie at a London side. West Ham are still in it aren't they?

Aye and they're playing Chelsea so guaranteed to have at least one London club in the draw.

Spurs and Arsenal are still in it too.

1 game away from a Cup quarter-final ffs. Get another home tie, avoid the big guns in the draw and boy we could have a first semifinal at SJP since Drogba and Marseille came and got that draw.

Getting the winners of Bristol City v Hull or Leeds v Norwich at home would be a great draw for us.

Would love Hull away for greedy personal reasons.

I'm in London that week, would love an away tie at a London side. West Ham are still in it aren't they?

Aye and they're playing Chelsea so guaranteed to have at least one London club in the draw.

Spurs and Arsenal are still in it too.

For reasons i cannot fathom i'd like to go to the Olympic stadium, despite the likelihood of getting my head kicked in.

Checking our fixtures over the next few weeks and if we beat Preston in round 4 of the cup, the 5th round begins week commencing 28th November.

We play Nottingham Forest on the Friday night (moved for Sky), would their be any chance of this being changed? Or would we just get the Tuesday slot no matter what and the Friday game would stay unchanged?

Once a games moved for TV it won't be getting moved again.

Well the Forest game was.

Checking our fixtures over the next few weeks and if we beat Preston in round 4 of the cup, the 5th round begins week commencing 28th November.

We play Nottingham Forest on the Friday night (moved for Sky), would their be any chance of this being changed? Or would we just get the Tuesday slot no matter what and the Friday game would stay unchanged?

Once a games moved for TV it won't be getting moved again.

Well the Forest game was.

Which Forest game are you on about? The away game was moved forward 24 hours to Friday for Sky. Then the home one was moved 24 hours earlier too to avoid a parade on New year's eve. So they were two seperate changes. The Tv game never got changed and won't be changed. If we get past Preston, it'll just be on the Tuesday.

Guest neesy111

Does anyone have this season's shirt without Wonga on? It seems like a season to remember, and I'd like the shirt, but no way am I walking around with Wonga on. Does it come off easily?

You can buy it without Wonga in some places in the states.

The song "we're Newcastle and we're gunna win the league" used to always be followed by "wey ya nar, wey ya nar" but on a few occasions ive heard and on some videos I've seen it seems some people are singing "we are, we are".

Have some people decided to change the lyrics or am I just hearing something that's not there like something in a song that you know fine well that's not what is being sang?

The song "we're Newcastle and we're gunna win the league" used to always be followed by "wey ya nar, wey ya nar" but on a few occasions ive heard and on some videos I've seen it seems some people are singing "we are, we are".

Have some people decided to change the lyrics or am I just hearing something that's not there like something in a song that you know fine well that's not what is being sang?

Definitely 'wey ya nar' is all I have heard / sung!

Only been to QPR this season but a lot of people didn't know how to sing it properly there.

It's always been 'wey ya nar' to me but I think a lot of people don't realise that and think it's 'we are'. Noticed it a lot at Rotherham but then kept having that moment of self doubt where I couldn't remember if I was right or not. :lol: