Newcastle United vs. Notts Forest: 06/08/2022 @ 3pm (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

Well, some of them sound like gibbering fuckwits... I'm all for positivity but they're taking the piss. 

Quite confident of a NUFC win. I guess there's always the doubt in our minds after years of dross, but this feels different. We now have reasons to believe. And even if there is an upset this Saturday, our season won't be defined by it. 

NUFC 3 - 1 NFFC. 

2 minutes ago, Billy Warthog said:

Well, some of them sound like gibbering fuckwits... I'm all for positivity but they're taking the piss. 

Quite confident of a NUFC win. I guess there's always the doubt in our minds after years of dross, but this feels different. We now have reasons to believe. And even if there is an upset this Saturday, our season won't be defined by it. 

NUFC 3 - 1 NFFC. 

I think that's a really key point.

2 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Terrible you’d single someone out like that and make an unnecessary dig at them.

I hope that post came across as massively sarcastic, as that was very much the joke. Yorkie is sound as fuck, its why I picked him. Lack of aerospace knowledge aside. :lol: 

Going to be absolutely beautiful seeing the Forrest fans, father and son hand in hand, welling up with pride as their team steps onto the hallowed turf of Saint James' Park for their long awaited return to the top flight of English football. Hope in their hearts and a buoyant optimism sweeping across level 7. Only to hear "MIGUEL ALMIROOOOOOOOOOOON!" after 12 minutes.

Can only imagine that the sort of person that finds N-O toxic already lives on Planet Soft Cunt, but still has to listen to Dido in the bath at the end of every day to unwind.

Edited by Kid Icarus

Petty forum grievances (getting compared to RTG ffs :lol:) and ancient politics aside, really looking forward to seeing them back in the PL. Always had a soft spot for them, probably out of nostalgia having started following English football in early/mid 90's. Will be hoping they win every match bar the two against us.

24 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Petty forum grievances (getting compared to RTG ffs :lol:) and ancient politics aside, really looking forward to seeing them back in the PL. Always had a soft spot for them, probably out of nostalgia having started following English football in early/mid 90's. Will be hoping they win every match bar the two against us.

There’s plenty of us who don’t think the politics are ancient - the NE has never recovered from that period.  If they can still bleat on about an FA Cup QF defeat in 1974, we can about their betrayal of the miners ten years later

Fuck these whoppers after that game at the City Ground in 2016.  One of the most ludicrous refereeing performances I've ever seen.

Two stonewall pens not given, a goal disallowed for fuck all and two red cards for us that were both rescinded.

Edited by Sima

Ah I’ve nothing against Forest, a club with history who’ve done more than most other clubs out there, been out in the wilderness too long so great to have them back in the PL, every clubs fans has whoppers, ours included so wouldn’t pay much attention to their forums or twitter shite.

As for the game itself, I’m more confident about us as a side than I’ve been in years but they’ve spent money and every game in this league is hard now so nothing is a given.

That being said, I think the atmosphere and quick start might catch them like deer in the headlights.

Considering how we played against Atalanta and Bilbao (not with full strength teams in either) I can't see anything but a win for us. Won't be easy and I suspect it'll be 0-0 at HT but we'll get the win.

They are an unknown quantity so it may well be more tricky than some expect.

1 minute ago, beardsleymagic said:

anyone else thinking that because of all the new players they have in their team, there won't be as much of a hyped up newly promoted team performance as these players weren't the ones who actually got promoted?

Just a thought

Good point. Not as much team spirit, all they’ve had is a very meh looking preseason, and not as much drive to prove that they are good enough. 

They will have that bounce u get with new players eager to impress. However theoretically they should lack that cohesion and understanding that our lads should have. 

I anticipate an early flurry from them maybe even take the lead but I don't fear even going behind, I think we will take control of the game and overpower them eventually, especially with it being at home. Just need Joelinton and Bruno to boss the midfield.