Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 minute ago, PauloGeordio said:

aren’t they for sale, or did I imagine that? 

The club? I sent that tweet to my Leicester mates that claimed they were and they said it was rubbish, plus Rob Tanner (Leicester's Athletic reporter) has never mentioned that once iirc. Don't think the players themselves are, they're trying to tie Maddison down to a new contract I think. Fofana's off though.

1 minute ago, Hanshithispantz said:

He looks outrageous defensively. I still think we'll go for a more technically gifted CM like, although he doesn't look bad on the ball by any means.

Any day over Maddison, purely for the sqaud balance. If we can't get him though, someone of a similar mould would do me nicely.

10 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

They'd be leaving themselves with the bare minimum of time to get players into replace them which is very unlike how Leicester have went about things in the last 5 years. Fofana's off to Chelsea and if they sold Maddison to us their fans would be in uproar and it already seems to be getting a bit toxic plus if they did that I can honestly see them struggling. Not fretting about relegation but nowhere near the top 10.

They'll be fine.

3 hours ago, Shak said:

Think it's an interesting question that... what kind of midfielder do you think would be the best to add to Joe and Bruno in the middle?

Someone like Maddison would take us up a level in terms of having two players in CM who can pick out passes at an extremely high level. The thoughts of Maddison and Bruno playing through balls for Isak and Wilson, man.

You could go for a holding midfielder like Alvarez that would allow Bruno license to get forward more, would help us protect the back four a lot better too.

Or someone like Haidara as another all action CM in there. Joelinton and Haidara either side of Bruno would be really hard for teams to play against, the pressing would be akin to Lou Thesz in his prime.

Honestly have no idea which I'd prefer, probably a Maddison type.

Underrated comment re Lou Thesz, class

If we get someone else in the same bracket as Bruno, Botman & Isak before this window closes, then christ, I may actually start believing we might win something in my lifetime. That's a spine. A fucking footballing Spine to last a good half a decade without worrying. Empires have been built on less.

Expected Bruno to start most games at #6 this season however a very good DM with Bruno and Joe (Later Maddison or similar) in front of them would be tasty 

Edited by Nine

I can only imagine as owners it must be immensely hard not to get drawn into the atmosphere as present and loosen the purse strings now if the right players will come. Capitalize on the good feeling and positivity and go for it this year.

Thats why they have hired the best to run the club though!

22 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

He looks outrageous defensively. I still think we'll go for a more technically gifted CM like, although he doesn't look bad on the ball by any means.

Really like the idea of this signing.

He seems a warrior type. Tough, hard nosed competitor. But also comfortable on the ball and playing it into the feet of those around him to then initiate attacking play. I really think this sort of midfielder takes us to another level the quickest.

Really hope they accept our bid for him.

For what it's worth, when Bruno was asked where he most enjoyed playing last season, he did say he prefers the number 8 position, and so this sort of signing allows Bruno to do just that.

“I’ve done everything here,” he laughed.

“In the first three games I played in different positions. In the first, we played with two in the middle.

“In the second, we played with two holding midfielders. Then I played as the solo anchorman. I can play all of the positions and I’m happy in them.

“But if I have to choose I prefer to be a ‘segundo volonte’ (a box-to-box). It was the role I played at Athletico Paranaense and Lyon. But I can also play as the most defensive midfielder.

“Versatility is a big plus. Especially if there are only 23 players in the squad. Playing more than one position is very important.

“I prefer to play as a ‘segundo volonte’, but I can play as a number ten and a holding midfielder. But the player who performs more than one function in modern football is always a little step ahead; more complete.”

https://ge.globo.com/futebol/futebol-internacional/futebol-ingles/noticia/2022/03/22/bruno-guimaraes-ve-newcastle-brigando-por-titulos-em-breve-acredito-muito-no-projeto.ghtml

Edited by KaKa

3 minutes ago, Dokko said:

If we get someone else in the same bracket as Bruno, Botman & Isak before this window closes, then christ, I may actually start believing we might win something in my lifetime. That's a spine. A fucking footballing Spine to last a good half a decade without worrying. Empires have been built on less.

I'm thinking more Maddison or Harrison than Paqueta or Diaby. We've seen Howe likes to bed his players into the Premier League (Botman decision forced on him with Targett's injury). 

Just thinking with Botman and Isak, we might go for someone already proven in this league who can just go straight into the XI without any bedding in needed.

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I'm thinking more Maddison or Harrison than Paqueta or Diaby. We've seen Howe likes to bed his players into the Premier League (Botman decision forced on him with Targett's injury). 

Just thinking with Botman and Isak, we might go for someone already proven in this league who can just go straight into the XI without any bedding in needed.

Maddison and or Tielemens would finish an 11/10 transfer window . I can’t imagine what a window looks like in 3 or 4 years time. 

Anything else now is a bonus.

We do need a winger and CM (preferably a DM) but I think we'll most likely get a loan from Chelsea and possibly be done for the window.

I do agree with Optimistic Nut though, if we are to do another "big" deal we could do a lot worse than Harrison, Maddison or someone else established in the league. Our two big signings (Botman and Isak) could take a while to bed in so it would be nice to get someone that we know will hit the ground running.

31 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

I mainly like him because number 4 is correct for a defensive midfielder.  Fuck off with all this number 6 shite.

Wonder if Douglas Luiz is still on our radar as a more budget option? We were apparently sniffing around him in January and there were quite a few links in June/July.

His contract is up at the end of the season, and he’s started Villa’s first three league games on the bench. Scored direct from a corner against Bolton the other night.

I know @brummiedoesn’t rate him, but he could be a good fit in our midfield three.