Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Just now, gbandit said:

Isn’t the main issue that he doesn’t want to come here? Seems a difficult thing to surmount 

I doubt we would be wasting time trying to sign him if he had no interest in coming. 

55 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Isn’t the main issue that he doesn’t want to come here? Seems a difficult thing to surmount 

Presume that could change with European football?

1 minute ago, Shak said:

Presume that could change with European football?

Perhaps, I’m sure there was some quote where he said he would only go to Real or 2-3 other clubs at that level. Could just be paper talk though 

After pretty much every position according to Chris Waugh on their podcast, LB, CB, CM and Fwd all directly referenced. More so if CL is attained as they know the squad isn’t good enough.

3 minutes ago, BonesJones said:

Is he at that level?

I’ve only really seen him from his appearances for France at the World Cup. I’d say he looked like he was at that sort of level but it was a pretty small sample size. He had incredible pace, made great decisions, top technique but I never watched Mönchengladbach and how people perform for their country doesn’t always mirror club form so I’m sure there’ll be others who know how consistent he is/isn’t 

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

Perhaps, I’m sure there was some quote where he said he would only go to Real or 2-3 other clubs at that level. Could just be paper talk though 

Really not leaving himself with a lot of options there mind, is he? :lol:

54 minutes ago, elbee909 said:

"NEWCASTLE have suffered a blow in their pursuit of Napoli star Khvicha Kvaratskhelia after reports of Paris Saint-Germain lining up a stunning £159MILLION offer."

What a surprise

How they can throw money about the way they do is crazy, it's a piss poor league money wise. So where is there income coming from? Ffp should be more difficult than ours is. 

25 minutes ago, andycap said:

How they can throw money about the way they do is crazy, it's a piss poor league money wise. So where is there income coming from? Ffp should be more difficult than ours is. 

Well, Qatar.

8 hours ago, Disco said:

After pretty much every position according to Chris Waugh on their podcast, LB, CB, CM and Fwd all directly referenced. More so if CL is attained as they know the squad isn’t good enough.

Yeah I listened to that this morning. 6 players - LB, CB, 2 x midfielders (you’d imagine one number 6 type possibly, one more attacking), two forwards, (one winger and one adaptable forward/winger is about right Joao Pedro?) Plus trying to shift a load of players out.

Whether we can get all our targets is another thing but there’s definitely be 4-5 I think and 6 would be fantastic. 

Edited by ExiledGeordie

5 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Yeah I listened to that this morning. 6 players - LB, CB, 2 x midfielders (you’d imagine one number 6 type possibly, one more attacking), two forwards, (one winger and one adaptable forward/winger is about right Joao Pedro?) Plus trying to shift a load of players out.

Whether we can get all our targets is another thing but there’s definitely be 4-5 I think and 6 would be fantastic. 

6 players would be incredible - would give us so many options 

Which podcast is this btw? Might give it a listen….

6 hours ago, elbee909 said:

"NEWCASTLE have suffered a blow in their pursuit of Napoli star Khvicha Kvaratskhelia after reports of Paris Saint-Germain lining up a stunning £159MILLION offer."

What a surprise

I'm done with this club. Amanda oot.

24 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

That would be amazing. If we can get three first-team standard (Botman, Bruno types) then some young potential for the others the squad starts to look pretty solid.

11 hours ago, gbandit said:

On this, I believe it was specifically that his agent intimated there were only a couple clubs he was actually willing to move to in Jan before his contract expired (so missing out on a larger signing on fee). Believe it was Man U, PSG and someone else. Implication being that in the Summer he'd be far more open to the likes of us and potentially Villa, who were also being linked. 

Gonna be interesting to see PSG work their way around new FFP salary cap with Messi still at the club.

They would have to have maximum of 90% of their revenue go to their player's salaries. Currently, even with their inflated revenues, they are at 111%.

1 hour ago, Keegans Export said:

That would be amazing. If we can get three first-team standard (Botman, Bruno types) then some young potential for the others the squad starts to look pretty solid.

Aye, my pie in the sky, in no way ITK at all guess would be: 

Renan Lodi - LB we know they like and is now PL ready. No more than 30m as well as that's his release. But Atleti can usually be negotiated down.

Maddison - Again, we know they like him. Contract up next summer so price wouldn't be insane.

Diaby - The crown jewel of the Summer business. £60m+

Then a young right sided CB full of potential to eventually fully take the place of Schar. And a young (likely from South America), more defensive CM, partly for depth, and partly to push the likes of J7 and Willock.