Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 hour ago, Manxst said:

Does Tierney qualify as HG? 

No.

The homegrown quota is something we need to consider going forward though. We’ll be fine next season and for the next couple of seasons, but once the likes of Wilson, Trippier and Pope start nearing the end, we’d have a problem if most of our signings between now and then are non-homegrown.

edit: as an aside, I was looking up the rules on this, and discovered Dier doesn’t count as homegrown for Spurs, even though he plays for England, which is a bit mad.

Edited by SteV

3 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

We aren’t getting 15 million for Murphy 

You think more? Agreed.

No chance he's going anywhere though, I don't think.

I'm sympathetic to the idea there might be one or two surprise departures though to maximise value. I've said before, I wouldn't be stunned to see Miggy go. Or maybe Schar? Would be a bit gutting though and I'm far from convinced it'll happen.

Edited by 80

3 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

We need two CMs minimum.  

This seems fanciful. To me we need two cm’s exactly. One that can sit at the base. One who is creative and can score goals and ideally press. Don’t know where you would fit another player in without getting rid of someone and the who are you going to get rid of?

I think Gallagher would actually be fantastic under Howe’s coaching and ethos, but the question for me is he the profile of midfielder that the squad actually needs. I’m not convinced.

The priority for me is someone who can compete with / an upgrade on Longstaff. 

I’d also like us to be looking for an experienced striker at European level, who wouldn’t mind being a rotation option across all competitions with Wilson and Isak. Easier said than done. 

4 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

This seems fanciful. To me we need two cm’s exactly. One that can sit at the base. One who is creative and can score goals and ideally press. Don’t know where you would fit another player in without getting rid of someone and the who are you going to get rid of?

2 as a minimum.  

Id bring in a promising teenager if possible as well. Or if we have Maddison that’s ok, he can play at 8 if really needed. 

We need someone as emergency backup. Arsenal have Elneny.  Liverpool had that Bajetcic kid or the Juve loanee and they both struggled with Europe when injuries came. We have nothing. 

We have Bruno, Longstaff, Joelinton, Willock, Anderson, plus another two midfielders would be seven for three. Keep in mind we have other positions to strengthen aswell, and if we want to bring in real quality we have to bring in a new lb, cb, cf, and maybe a rw or someone who can play accross the front three.

1 minute ago, Rafalove said:

We have Bruno, Longstaff, Joelinton, Willock, Anderson, plus another two midfielders would be seven for three. Keep in mind we have other positions to strengthen aswell, and if we want to bring in real quality we have to bring in a new lb, cb, cf, and maybe a rw or someone who can play accross the front three.

Anderson needs to go out on loan, man. The 7th man needs to be (a) ideally someone that can play elsewhere (b) an old-timer happy with reduced minutes (c) a pup happy with reduced minutes or (d) a player on relatively low wages or someone on loan that is happy to be emergency back-up.

Not every player needs to come in straight into the first team.

If we get a CF they will be along the same profile as a 3rd CM. Isak & Wilson will be our main men.

If Anderson was going out on loan, it would have happened this season. Besides he’s just starting to get minutes and we might need a homegrown player. Another pre-season with Eddie working on his positioning should be good for him to improve further. Like I say once we’ve brought in two cm’s we have other positions to focus on. Not to mention I think we’ll see greater outlay on development players this year, what with us being linked with the likes of Rigg and Minteh.

Midfielders depends on where Joelinton ends up, this season he’s been counted twice - LW and in midfield

If the plan is for him to mainly play at LW it’s 3 CMs needed, one probably for development, as there’s only 3 at the club

If he’s viewed as a CM then it depends on Howes view of Gordon and ASM as options for LW whether a LW is needed.

Really don’t want to see Isak shunted out wide next season 

4 hours ago, Smal said:

only change I’d have made a bit earlier was ASM for Isak as I thought the latter was blowing a bit and his defensive work was understandably suffering. As it were he stayed on and supplied the pass for the 4th so…

This was the latest sign to me of how little Eddie trusts ASM. 2-1 up, tired legs everywhere, literally no options to improve the midfield, their possession starting to move higher up the pitch, and counter attacking opportunities that were screaming for Saint Maximin. But he persists with what we have until the game is won. I'm pretty certain he'll be sold this summer if anyone will pay a figure close to whatever our valuation is.

7 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

I am not sure about rumours of Tierney to us purely because I can't see Arsenal selling to direct rival for champions league spots

They will sell to the club paying most money.

Tierney just seems like he'd be next in line of perma-crocked players that have darkened the club's door like.

Despite the massive strides we've made, I refuse to believe our medical department is anything even approaching Arsenal's, and they haven't been able to get a decent tune out of him for any long period of time. 

No doubting he's a skilled player on his day but so was Woodgate. Can't afford to fuck around where FFP is concerned. 

I like the idea of Tierney, he's probably the closest player to Burn with his experience as a LCB in a back three. Would expect heavy rotation with Burn if we do end up signing him.

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

If you look at the first team, the obvious areas to upgrade are Burn, Longstaff and Almiron. Then on top of that we, could do with a bit more depth so we can rotate Schar and the lads in the middle. 

3 of our best players this year