Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

Anyone think if there was no FFP we would be spending the sort of money we are currently seeing Saudi clubs spend ?

Wouldn't even be that much fun to be honest. Feels better to climb up the ranks without limitless spending

2 hours ago, PauloGeordio said:

According to The Athletic, Newcastle have placed Javier Manquillo, Jamal Lewis, Isaac Hayden, Jeff Hendrick and Ryan Fraser on the transfer list. 

They report that the club will ‘happily sell’ Manquillo and Lewis, as neither feature in Eddie Howe’s plans after slipping down the pecking order in the full-back positions.

Both Hayden and Hendrick will not train with the first team when pre-season training resumed and the duo, who were on loan at Championship clubs Norwich and Reading respectively, are ‘expected’ to leave.

As for Fraser, it is understood that he has ‘no future’ at the club after being sent to train with the Under-21s mid-season due to a disagreement with Eddie Howe.

Howe has previously discussed about having to be ruthless when it comes to letting players go and will need to make room in the squad and wage budget for any incoming signings.

Elsewhere, the same piece states that Garang Kuol and imminent signing Yankuba Minteh will be loaned out to aid their development at senior level, with neither teenage talent deemed first-team ready as of yet.

Best Price …..Look ?

£3m each or all 5 for £10m 

Bargain Bin / Special offer for Championship clubs 

5 hours ago, Gaztoon said:

So how many days into the transfer window will the use of "worrying" and "underwhelming" be appropriate ?

I'm giving everyone a couple of weeks downtime after a long season before they decide to make their moves... I mean Dubai must be full of wall to wall footballers this time of year! 

1 hour ago, Thumbheed said:

But offset against better revenue figures, no?

Yes but I don't think there's any advantage to that if we don't absolutely need to, only the disadvantage of having the amortisation on the books for a year longer.

3 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Anyone think if there was no FFP we would be spending the sort of money we are currently seeing Saudi clubs spend ?

They spent a billion on golf, ffs.

GOLF.

Without FFP we'd have had a squad of Galacticos by the end of the first transfer window.

5 hours ago, andycap said:

Would anyone take rodrygo at Leeds? Looks canny and can play across the front three. 

Just checking did we qualify for the Champions league or was it the Europa or conference? Some of the shouts for players are funny. Rodrigo ffs :lol: he’s no better than anything we have and wouldn’t be signed by any of the teams that finished in the top 6 of 7 so why would we be interested. 

Edited by gdm

Yep no doubt they would have gone crazy with the spending. But I’m glad there’s some restrictions (although it’s a bit silly sometimes) on what we can do as it will feel better when we start winning things.

2 hours ago, JonBez comesock said:

Best Price …..Look ?

£3m each or all 5 for £10m 

Bargain Bin / Special offer for Championship clubs 

Hoping for an Ashworth masterclass tbh.

Fraser could be ideal for Luton Town for 5-7m. Manquillo back off to Spain for 2.5m. Hayden and Hendrick somewhere in the Championship with us picking up some wages.

7 hours ago, gdm said:

Just checking did we qualify for the Champions league or was it the Europa or conference? Some of the shouts for players are funny. Rodrigo ffs :lol: he’s no better than anything we have and wouldn’t be signed by any of the teams that finished in the top 6 of 7 so why would we be interested. 

Just an opinion lad keep your sirrup on ?. It was just a thought as a third striker incase Wilson gets injured again. 

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Douglas continues to link us with Onana from Everton, not a bad player but I do feel we can do much better this window.

Especially for the sort of £££ being talked about. Benchmarked against the Mac Allister fee, it would be robbery without violence.

I was usprised to see Hayden had longer left on his contract than Hendrick (according to NUFC.com). I actually thought Hayden's contract was up after his loan (like Cieran Clark).

1 minute ago, TK-421 said:

I was usprised to see Hayden had longer left on his contract than Hendrick (according to NUFC.com). I actually thought Hayden's contract was up after his loan (like Cieran Clark).

Did we not stick him on a stupid deal after scoring the winner v Chelsea?

1 minute ago, McCormick said:

Depends on the fee but I’d definitely take him. Physically he’s a perfect Eddie Howe player, absolute beast in the making and only 20/21.

They want 50 million 

9 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

They want 50 million 

Meh. Bit high but they paid close to 40 for him so it’s understandable.

Lavia would be going for similar and they’re not too far apart in terms of ability/ effectiveness.

Edited by McCormick