Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Not a 'rumour', but I'd like Berge from Sheffield United. Watched him a lot this year.

He's a tall, powerhouse, box to box of a midfielder. He breaks up play, never breaks sweat, and his composure on the ball is unreal. He makes some lovely driving runs forward too.. really has it all.

Would be a great signing...

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

PL in general is light on Scandinavians. Used to be packed when I was a kid. 

You’re right, but the Player of the Year is about to be a Scandinavian.

After Norway sprung to fame in England's qualifying group after beating San Marino 10-0 (which was noteworthy at the time), along with the success of Gunnar Halle, most of their national team for the rest of the 90s ended up here.

George Graham knew a guy too, which helped in some cases.

Edited by Wolfcastle

Just now, sushimonster85 said:

Still hurts, this one. There's another timeline where Shearer doesn't get injured and he actually gets to play off/behind Shearer as opposed to being asked to lead the line. 

Tomasson was so abysmal for us I cant see anything making a difference besides which Tino was leading the line not Tomasson.

I've said it before and others have said it plenty but I'll say it again because it's so obvious and he would suit our midfield perfectly and provide experience/depth/cover...Gundogan

The fact he's out of contract in the summer is even more of a reason to go for him, I know he's coming to the end of his career but he's definitely got another 2 seasons minimum left in him at the highest level.

38 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

I've said it before and others have said it plenty but I'll say it again because it's so obvious and he would suit our midfield perfectly and provide experience/depth/cover...Gundogan

The fact he's out of contract in the summer is even more of a reason to go for him, I know he's coming to the end of his career but he's definitely got another 2 seasons minimum left in him at the highest level.

Supposed to be off to Barca I think.