Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

I hope we get onto some of the top free transfers because we need 5/6 players without selling and that'll cost loads.

Perhaps we'll save a lot in wages by losing most of Karius, Ritchie, Dummett, Manquillo, Lewis, Fraser, Clark, Darlow, Hayden and Hendrick.... they don't count as losing depth, really. And it'd be great to raise money from selling Anthony Gordon but don't think we'll be able to flog him, sadly.

Huge summer needed, as we need both quality and quantity.

2 minutes ago, Ketsbaia said:

I hope we get onto some of the top free transfers because we need 5/6 players without selling and that'll cost loads.

Perhaps we'll save a lot in wages by losing most of Karius, Ritchie, Dummett, Manquillo, Lewis, Fraser, Clark, Darlow, Hayden and Hendrick.... they don't count as losing depth, really. And it'd be great to raise money from selling Anthony Gordon but don't think we'll be able to flog him, sadly.

Huge summer needed, as we need both quality and quantity.

We've just saved what about 200k a week on Shelvey and Wood. That's one top player!

What do we think lads and lasses, when will we get the first one over the line and how many will we sign? Given our squad would currently fall apart with added European midweek games 

I think a tweak to the formation might be needed next year to a 4-2-3-1 when we play the majority of the league teams as we offer very little through the middle in terms of attacking threat, we can always start with a 4-3-3 formation against the better teams if we want to keep it tight.

This season has far exceeded expectations but I’m sure Howe will have an honest look at our weaknesses and look to rectify them over the summer. We need a left back who is comfortable going forward to being balance to the team, more pace at the back for when we are hit on the counter and preferably two midfielders with ball playing ability and creativity as a minimum.

6 minutes ago, gbandit said:

What do we think lads and lasses, when will we get the first one over the line and how many will we sign? Given our squad would currently fall apart with added European midweek games 

I’m his interview with the press after the game the gaffa mentioned not to expect big changes and spoke about us not being able to afford to to mad. Then again Howe and telling the truth to Journalists doesn’t exactly go hand in hand. 

Just now, r0cafella said:

I’m his interview with the press after the game the gaffa mentioned not to expect big changes and spoke about us not being able to afford to to mad. Then again Howe and telling the truth to Journalists doesn’t exactly go hand in hand. 

Think he’s talking shit to try to make sure we don’t get shafted. We need probably 6 players minimum in to cope with the European games and the fact we have a few positions with aging players (defence especially)

Just now, gbandit said:

Think he’s talking shit to try to make sure we don’t get shafted. We need probably 6 players minimum in to cope with the European games and the fact we have a few positions with aging players (defence especially)

Aye, I reckon we will get 5-6 in total spend around 150m. 

Maybe even 100m as I get the feeling they like to keep some money in reserve. 

also, let’s remember folks that we are going to be linked with everyone this window, from Neymar to Messi. 

it’s important we all step back and realise most of these rumours won’t be remotely true so don’t get down hearted when we miss out on players we aren’t even interested in. 

The end of Ritchie, Fraser, Dummett, Lewis, and Dubrakva / Gillespie / Darlow. Clark / Hayden / Matty Longstaff / Hendrick released too. 

Maybe's to leave are: Manquillo, Krafth, Lascelles (I'd rather keep him but he may want first choice somewhere). 

That's at LEAST 6 of the current 25 spaces available, and up to 9. 

I'd like to get a mix of 5-6 purples then some talented youngsters like Ashby to make up the other spaces. 

Minimum purples we need to buy: 2 CM, 1 LB , 1 RCB, 1 RW, 1 CF

Should be looking to pick up as many out of contract players as possible aswell. I know it means higher salaries possibly. But in terms of bulking the squad out it might be essential. 

40 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

The end of Ritchie, Fraser, Dummett, Lewis, and Dubrakva / Gillespie / Darlow. Clark / Hayden / Matty Longstaff / Hendrick released too. 

Fraser, Lewis, Dubs, Gillespie, Darlow, Hayden & Hendrick aren't on expiring contracts. Doubt we'll buy their contracts out, and also doubt we'll find anyone interested in spending money on them or willing to offer them wages close to what they are on already so best case scenario they are loaned out until their contracts expire.

Wouldn't mind keeping Dubs though. We'll struggle to find a better 2nd choice keeper.