Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Daily Express (I know) running a story saying Joelinton to Liverpool based purely on Dietmar Hamman saying Liverpool could use him in January as their other targets aren't available until summer. Nee chance.

Screenshot_20230104_191640_Chrome.jpg

3 minutes ago, Mattoon said:

Daily Express (I know) running a story saying Joelinton to Liverpool based purely on Dietmar Hamman saying Liverpool could use him in January as their other targets aren't available until summer. Nee chance.

The Express should stick to licking Tory ring pieces and step away from transfers.

13 minutes ago, Mattoon said:

They couldn’t afford him.

15 minutes ago, Mattoon said:

Has there been any more meaningful links to Tielemans? 

Watched the 3 min highlights of Leicester’s game last night. He was massively involved in I think four of their chances. 

Seems like they might be after daft money for a player with 6 months left and maybe he would ruin the wage structure. But if a deal can be done. Even if we have to overpay slightly. I think he’d be a great addition. 

31 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Aye he looks class, looks like he has the technical ability to be the best right back in the world tbh and we should sign but I think we'll need to bed him in over  along period of time.  I like the way the defence is at present, we just need more threat going forwards, her would offer that but I don't think we should mess with our backline, a winger or 2 and a CM and we'll definitely finish top 4.

I fear for my sanity watching all of these scouting compilations because the music used is always absolutely gash :anguish:

Straight to the mute as soon as they start, although 1 in every 100 videos has music decent enough to unmute

I get the McTominay digs and that, but I'd be certain Eddie Howe would turn him into a monster of a DM for us.

The guy has a lot of raw ability. Have always thought his issues were more mental i.e. he just needs better instructions, direction and specific coaching.

Just now, KaKa said:

I get the McTominay digs and that, but I'd be certain Eddie Howe would turn him into a monster of a DM for us.

The guy has a lot of raw ability. Have always thought his issues were more mental i.e. he just needs better instructions, direction and specific coaching.

Issues more mental? Like stop hiding from the ball and prevent yourself from being passed to? The bloke is mid level at very best. He ‘tries’ and puts some flying tackles in as an excuse for ‘pashun’ but he really seems limited to be honest. 

1 minute ago, Manxst said:

Issues more mental? Like stop hiding from the ball and prevent yourself from being passed to? The bloke is mid level at very best. He ‘tries’ and puts some flying tackles in as an excuse for ‘pashun’ but he really seems limited to be honest. 

I disagree completely. I've seen him have some fantastic games, it's just too few and far between.

And yes, I believe with more targeted coaching emphasising showing for the ball more and encouraging him to do so and to receive the ball in tight areas and make the right decisions with it, he could do better at that.

But I already know he's not a favourite on ere and so I'm not going to argue about all this.

Just now, KaKa said:

I disagree completely. I've seen him have some fantastic games, it's just too few and far between.

And yes, I believe with more targeted coaching emphasising showing for the ball more and encouraging him to do so and to receive the ball in tight areas and make the right decisions with it, he could do better at that.

But I already know he's not a favourite on ere and so I'm not going to argue about all this.

I largely agree. I remember watching him against PSG a few years ago thinking he looked great. It’s possible Eddie could bring the best out of him. Would be a gamble though.

5 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Agree to disagree. I’ve seen him have a couple of decent games and score the odd decent goal, but the vast majority of his time otherwise seems to be running aimlessly, passing sideways and backwards incessantly, and shouting lots whilst doing not much himself. Oh, and not making himself available for the ball. But yeah, we’ll leave it there. I think the vast majority here would be disappointed with him as a signing, IF it ever came to it. 

from April 2022:

“And while a desire to win and play for United is necessary, the real gap between United and their rivals is the quality of players in key positions. The very fact McTominay is a regular starter is a key example of this. In the first half against Arsenal, the midfielder only completed seven passes (24 by the end of the game at a completion rate of 71 per cent); that doesn't really look like understanding the fundamentals.

In comparison, Juan Mata played for 11 minutes and completed 10 passes. This would be understandable if McTominay's defensive work was exemplary but he gave the ball away on multiple occasions outside the box and invited pressure upon the United defence.”

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mctominay-united-solskjaer-rangnick-midfield-23770000?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

2 hours ago, Mattoon said:

:joelinton:

9 hours ago, LFEE said:

Surely the Spanish lad incoming is the answer.

For the record I thought Santon was poor for us both forwards and especially defensively.

Was a raw talent that was never developed fully, IMO