Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

:lol:  Nothing more iconic of the Ashley era than the wheelie bin baths and paddling pools.

Anyway, the December 2006 goal of the month nominees were canny good,

Good old days before VAR when players had to be able to shoot instead of just looking for a slight touch in the box and dive :fwap:

Leicester's new training ground is impressive. They are making all the right moves and progressing every aspect of their club year after year. Expect them to be at a level to compete regularly for top prizes in the near future.

They’re doing all the can to expand their following in Asia, defo on the path to expanding their fan base in Britain with all of their domestic success too. Exactly the type of team I’d be wanting to follow if I was a bairn

Jealous as absolute fuck

Wonder what their ceiling is? Would they fill a bigger ground? Is there going to be people from not Leicester going to support them without a link?

Living down here, there's regularly suggestions in the local rag that they're thinking of expanding the King Power but as far as I'm aware, no plans have been agreed. There is scope to do it given its location.

But in terms of drawing in support from elsewhere, I'm not sure they'd succeed unless they get to Man City/Chelsea levels. I know people who live in Melton Mowbray, for example, who support Forest. Melton's pretty much halfway between Leicester and Nottingham and the latter has the Clough legacy, which drew people of a certain generation in.

Likewise I know two people from Hinckley (town in Leicestershire close to Nuneaton) who are - and are from families of - Villa fans. Again it seems to go back to supporting a relatively close 'big' club rather than the one that's just geographically closer.

On top of that as well, egg-chasing is massive down here. There's more people I come into contact with through work who are Tigers fans than Leicester City fans.

Wonder what their ceiling is? Would they fill a bigger ground? Is there going to be people from not Leicester going to support them without a link?

Living down here, there's regularly suggestions in the local rag that they're thinking of expanding the King Power but as far as I'm aware, no plans have been agreed. There is scope to do it given its location.

But in terms of drawing in support from elsewhere, I'm not sure they'd succeed unless they get to Man City/Chelsea levels. I know people who live in Melton Mowbray, for example, who support Forest. Melton's pretty much halfway between Leicester and Nottingham and the latter has the Clough legacy, which drew people of a certain generation in.

Likewise I know two people from Hinckley (town in Leicestershire close to Nuneaton) who are - and are from families of - Villa fans. Again it seems to go back to supporting a relatively close 'big' club rather than the one that's just geographically closer.

On top of that as well, egg-chasing is massive down here. There's more people I come into contact with through work who are Tigers fans than Leicester City fans.

Aye that’s what I was thinking. I know a couple of Forest fans from that neck of the woods both of whom if it was a geography thing should support Leicester.

I am not from UK. So cannot comment on their ceiling there. They do have a lot of potential to expand their foreign fanbase. I remember an interview by John Henry 6-7 years ago on why their choices to replace Dalglish was Klopp (who declined to even interview at that time), Rodgers, and  Martinez.

According to Henry, the key to expanding the foreign deals is to make sure that you are the club that a lot of folks including neutrals want to watch. I think the term he used was capturing eyeballs. The way do it was consistently win big prizes or play attractive football or do both. If you play attractive football, your viewership grows in Asia, USA etc which you can leverage to sign better commercial deals. While Rodgers did not win any  trophies for us, the football we played under him was instrumental in improving the commercial side of things. TV stations particularly in Asia regularly showed our games.

Leicester appears to be on a similar track.

Leicester appear to be doing everything right and it’s exciting times for them.  But they face a massive problem as soon as Vardy gets past it. Rodgers will be fully aware of that considering what happened to him at Liverpool after Suarez left.  Vardy is huge for them on the pitch and iconic off it.  You could compare it to Shearer retiring in 2006.  They will really struggle to replace him and if they don’t, where does that leave them in the league for the following few seasons?  Mid table?  Possibly worse?

Guest Howaythetoon

Vardy is one of my favourite players of the 2010s, absolute beast with his pace and finishing. Nice to have a bit of personality in the game as well.

Best English striker since Shearer IMO, fantastic player, servant and role model giving his meteoric rise from non league. Even better that he’s the type of forward I just love to watch, pace, pressing, blasters and just off the cuff all-round play.

Not entirely sure he's even the best English striker in the league.

Fantastic player though

Maybe maybe not, but he's as vital to Leicester as Shearer was to us. It'll be a miracle if they can replace him at the first attempt.

15 years and counting and we've never got anywhere near having a player of so much importance to the team. A player that the other team sees on the team list and thinks "s**t, this isn't going to be an easy game", a player that other players have a knot in their stomach going up against, a player that can win the on pitch battle before stepping foot on the field.