Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

23 minutes ago, Stifler said:

They have included 2 spots for historical performances, plus another spot for something else. However neither spot will come at the expense of a club qualifying via the league and the most spots a country can have in the Champions League has increased to 6.

It'll come at the expense of any club having to play against them. The whole thing absolutely stinks, football is already un-meritocratic enough as it is.

15 minutes ago, geordie_b said:

I hate this change but also hate that they have just forgotten that there is a number between 3 and 5.

4 plus a concussion sub is more than enough

3, plus a Concussion and a GK on sub.

Guest HTT II

If they are going to have a 5 sub rule I’d make it mandatory that at least one youth academy prospect is included in the 5.

1 hour ago, HTT II said:

If they are going to have a 5 sub rule I’d make it mandatory that at least one youth academy prospect is included in the 5.

Or you have to name a match day squad and can only have 5 subs.

Even then I think 3 is fairer.

Derby administrators say they are not in a position to announce a preferred bidder, saying the prospective buyers have dragged their heels.

They have also said that they may have to cancel or postpone their next match if fans continue to threaten to protest at it.

Totally off topic but does anyone have a single frame cartoon by David Squires, Fella getting hoofed in the back of his head knocking his tab out of his mouth while the blazer wearing pipe smoking ref waves play on?

Can't find it anywhere and I'm sure I haven't made it up.:)

35 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Derby administrators say they are not in a position to announce a preferred bidder, saying the prospective buyers have dragged their heels.

They have also said that they may have to cancel or postpone their next match if fans continue to threaten to protest at it.

I wonder if one of the bidders is low balling.

42 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

On the 5 subs, I get why the big clubs want it but I assume for it to pass it would have needed 14 clubs to vote for it? In which case there are a lot of delusional clubs out there 

I'm not sure they had much choice after IFAB's decision to recommend it, they are the ultimate arbiter of the game's rules.

The 5 subs have to be split over 3 slots still, right? So at least there's not the potential for the game to be interrupted an additional 4 times per match. 

Still a bit shite like, don't even think it benefits anyone in particular either. Klopp has moaned about it on games where he's never even made a sub ffs :lol:

6 hours ago, Jaqen said:

The 5 subs have to be split over 3 slots still, right? So at least there's not the potential for the game to be interrupted an additional 4 times per match. 

Yep. Plus an additional opportunity to substitute at half time. Nine subs can be named in total.

8 hours ago, triggs said:

I don't want 5 subs just because it interrupts the flow of the game too much IMO but in practice I don't think it benefits the big clubs much more than smaller clubs

Surely bringing more better players off the bench is a lot more advantageous for the bigger clubs though ???

51 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Surely bringing more better players off the bench is a lot more advantageous for the bigger clubs though ???

In theory, yes, but I don't think there's any actual evidence for that

9 hours ago, Jaqen said:

Still a bit shite like, don't even think it benefits anyone in particular either. Klopp has moaned about it on games where he's never even made a sub ffs :lol:

They were fishing to chnge the game to 2 30 mins with clock stopped for all stoppages, this will help the achieve their goal of maximum advertising opportunities.

Easiest way to get what you want, these days is to drive your customers to complain about the service you no longer want to continue.

Edited by Happinesstan

16 hours ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Five subs just basically ends the possibility of an outfield player going in nets, which is always a special occasion.

Genuinely my biggest problem with this a sad day :(

Guest HTT II
38 minutes ago, STM said:

Every now and then football and the people involved in it, just get things right. Beautiful attitude on these young lads.

Amazing, love it :smitten:

12 hours ago, Happinesstan said:

They were fishing to chnge the game to 2 30 mins with clock stopped for all stoppages

This would be horrible. The things I love about football are all the time wasting, needless rolling around, fake injuries and some good old added time controversy. Krafth wouldn't have a job anymore ffs and I would have to watch more actual football. Have to respect the forefathers who invented the game when there were no clocks that could be stopped. 

1 hour ago, Pata said:

This would be horrible. The things I love about football are all the time wasting, needless rolling around, fake injuries and some good old added time controversy. Krafth wouldn't have a job anymore ffs and I would have to watch more actual football. Have to respect the forefathers who invented the game when there were no clocks that could be stopped. 

Nicely edited out the bit about what their intentions are. It's not to improve your enjoyment of the game.