Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

On 23/03/2022 at 06:16, Papavasiliou said:

Also, players and other clubs seemingly helping Barca as much as possible over the last year and a bit. 

They financially fucked themselves so hard they should absolutely be dying. They're not though. Any other club in the world in their situation asking players to take pay cuts would be told where to go very quickly but Barca get loaned players for nowt or sign free transfers on lower wages. And they're still talking about trying to sign fucking Haaland and that. 

It's mad. it's like the rest of Europe is seeing a major powerhouse of a club struggling and instead of trying to capitalise on this they're all trying to prop them up.

Football fwends 

giphy.gif

20 hours ago, triggs said:

Haven't they just taken advantage of their status and pulling power as a club rather than clubs doing them favours? Maybe Man City sold Ferran Torres a bit cheaply but they specifically have lots of links to Barca? Can't think of anything other than that

Wolves gave them 6mil or something (plus wages) to loan Trincao then sent Traore the other way for nothing. Sevilla gave them De Jong for next to nothing.

Look at the amount of players who've signed on a free for them this last year. You can say that's them going there for the money but if that's what you're after do you really want to be signing for the club in very public financial trouble who've been asking their current players to slash their wages?

7 hours ago, Papavasiliou said:

Wolves gave them 6mil or something (plus wages) to loan Trincao then sent Traore the other way for nothing.

Jorge Mendes cooking the books and they have to pay £25-30m for him permanently which I’m sure is just a way of further cooking the Barca book. The PEA deal has about a hundred bent layers too. 

If you look at who they’re getting in they’re all people who want to leave their current place. Makes deals far easier.

Guest HTT II
6 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

One of my all time favorites Rivaldo captained Barca Legends to a win yesterday against Anfield, turns 50 next month and looks in great shape!

One of my fave players of all-time! Legend!

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/mar/27/divisive-champions-league-reform-proposals-back-on-the-table

Sigh, this is going to keep coming up till they get their closed shop isn't it? What gets me is they keep complaining about the massive cost of trying to compete for the champions league and then huge financial losses if fail to, and yet financial fair play is made toothless which would combat that significantly. 

I propose that if they so want everyone and anyone to be able to qualify for champions league fine, but get rid of the group stages, massive knockout tournament the whole way. 

7 hours ago, Rafalove said:

Decent interview with Tomori here. Always good to see English players not just doing well abroad, but actually also taking the opportunity to integrate.

Just a shame that moving abroad still seems to make it harder for you with England. 

2 hours ago, Tiresias said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/mar/27/divisive-champions-league-reform-proposals-back-on-the-table

Sigh, this is going to keep coming up till they get their closed shop isn't it? What gets me is they keep complaining about the massive cost of trying to compete for the champions league and then huge financial losses if fail to, and yet financial fair play is made toothless which would combat that significantly. 

I propose that if they so want everyone and anyone to be able to qualify for champions league fine, but get rid of the group stages, massive knockout tournament the whole way. 

They don’t want that though, because then they only get a guaranteed 1 home game. The reason they want the big league is because they will be guaranteed more games. This and for sponsorship reasons is why the UEFA Cup went from a straight knockout competition to a League format, including the 5 team league format they had where you could still qualify if you finished 3rd, but 2nd placed teams often got a harder draw.

It is also the reason why they created the Europa Conference.

9 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

He already fought Ruiz there. Hearn was asked a few questions and everyone moved on. I’m not sure Joshua was asked but then his interviews seem controlled.

Aye that was pre newcastle take over. There is a certain cunt of a journalist who was there who now spends all his time baiting newcastle fans and calling them sports washed on twitter