Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

is there a poll on N-O about the ten dirtiest players in football, or one like it? 

i was just watching the true geordie's interview w/ shearer, & the Beckham red card vs Argentina got me riled up about Diego Simeone.  seems like he should be on a list...

I was talking to Tony Cottee earlier (as you do). And I gave him both barrels about us not being mental as the Southern press make out, I told him what we really expect not the Champions League bollocks and maybe mentioning that next time he's on SSN talking about us. That and Merson was a fuck nugget.

Must have thought I was mental, then I got chucked out of the department for being too scruffy. Meh.

There's an interview in the Guardian with George Graham today, in which he talks about, amongst other things, the Michael Thomas goal in 1989. Just watched it on YouTube as I've not seen it for a few years and it's worth a watch for a couple of reasons,

a) the commentary is so understated compared to what it would be like now, not a lot more exaggerated than if the goal had just won a bog-standard league game, David Pleat is co-commentator and he literally passes no comment on what's just happened whatsoever, think he must have gone for a cup of tea :lol:

And b) Liverpool's attempt to hang onto what they had (with one minute left to win the title) is proper laughable. John Barnes, instead of heading for the corner, attempts to dribble into the box and gets easily dispossessed, then they're undone by a really basic long ball flicked on to Thomas who just jogs into the box with nobody anywhere near him. :lol:

There's an interview in the Guardian with George Graham today, in which he talks about, amongst other things, the Michael Thomas goal in 1989. Just watched it on YouTube as I've not seen it for a few years and it's worth a watch for a couple of reasons,

a) the commentary is so understated compared to what it would be like now, not a lot more exaggerated than if the goal had just won a bog-standard league game, David Pleat is co-commentator and he literally passes no comment on what's just happened whatsoever, think he must have gone for a cup of tea :lol:

And b) Liverpool's attempt to hang onto what they had (with one minute left to win the title) is proper laughable. John Barnes, instead of heading for the corner, attempts to dribble into the box and gets easily dispossessed, then they're undone by a really basic long ball flicked on to Thomas who just jogs into the box with nobody anywhere near him. :lol:

That reminds me, I Watched that match in Westerhope Comrades Club. Great night.

I'm starting the bidding at onerife.

I was talking to Tony Cottee earlier (as you do). And I gave him both barrels about us not being mental as the Southern press make out, I told him what we really expect not the Champions League bollocks and maybe mentioning that next time he's on SSN talking about us. That and Merson was a fuck nugget.

Must have thought I was mental, then I got chucked out of the department for being too scruffy. Meh.

Sounds like you convinced him and anyone else on the premise. ;D

Sounds like you convinced him and anyone else on the premise. ;D

Fair point  :lol:

The one and only time I remember wanting Arsenal to win a game - I hated Liverpool so much. Regretted it ever since.

My uncle lived next to Ally Pally,  and when Thomas scored he ran out of the house and up the hill screaming and punching the air. He says he only really came to his senses when he reached the top and was just grateful that nobody else was around.

About a minute or so before Thomas' goal, I'm fairly sure Barnes and McMahon were effectively celebrating the win together.

I seem to remember thinking at the time, that that'd teach the smug twats for assuming it was all over.

FA Cup 2nd Round Draw:

Woking or Bury v Tranmere Rovers or Peterborough United

MK Dons v Maidstone United

Newport County v Cambridge United

Wycombe Wanderers v Leatherhead or Billericay Town

Port Vale v Yeovil

Shrewsbury Town v Morecambe

Doncaster Rovers v Northampton Town or Scunthorpe

Slough Town v Rochdale

AFC Wimbledon v Charlton Athletic

Stevenage v Swindon Town

Mansfield Town v Accrington Stanley or Guiseley

Gateshead v Luton Town

Bradford City v Plymouth Argyle

Blackburn Rovers v Crewe Alexandra

AFC Fylde v Wigan Athletic

Gillingham v Carlisle United

Notts County v Oxford City

Forest Green Rovers v Exeter City

Chorley or Fleetwood v Hereford

Coventry City v Boreham Wood

Wonder which lower league team we’ll lose to this year.

Looks mental these days to see defenders just casually passing the ball back for the keeper to pick up. :lol:

Looks mental these days to see defenders just casually passing the ball back for the keeper to pick up. :lol:

Loved that game. Watched it on my first real foreign holiday, Sidari, ended up dancing on a table with some bloke from Sheffield (as the match progressed the family table to our left seemed to hate Liverpool as much as I did). Seemed to come as a bit of a shock to his wife and kids and my girlfriend how we could rejoice in some other teams loss. Was my birthday aswell.

Jason Cummings (Forest striker) is a bit of a character :lol: Love how the newspaper printed his Scottish words too.

"There is nothing really significant behind all of my tattoos. Except for Sandy from Grease. That’s who this (pointing) is meant to be. I asked for Sandy from Grease as she was in the movie; not as she is now!

“I’m a big Grease fan. A massive fan. Honestly. It’s my favourite film. A wee bit of inside info there. Seriously, I can do the movie word for word.

“I just watched it when I was growing up, I don’t know why. There is a space left on my arm for Danny Zuko and the Pink Ladies.”

He also, on his right hand, has the sinister smile of The Joker which he intends to cover his mouth with when he next finds the net.As he again explained: “I was actually sober when I got it! It’s a goal celebration. I’ll need to start scoring goals to do it. If I score this week, that will be the one.

“I got it in Edinburgh. When I come up I go to this bird in Edinburgh – Scoobs is her name, she’s good. Give her a wee shout out, eh.

“Why do I like The Joker? It’s just his character. I think he’s a bit like me.

“A striker needs a celebration. I scored that many goals up here that I was running out of celebrations. I needed a new one. Nah, I’m only joking. I don’t know why I got it. I’ll regret in 20 years, but live for the moment.”

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/15644008.Jason_Cummings_can_sing_every_single_word_from_Grease___and_the_new_Scotland_man_has_the_tattoo_to_prove_it/

About a minute or so before Thomas' goal, I'm fairly sure Barnes and McMahon were effectively celebrating the win together.

I seem to remember thinking at the time, that that'd teach the smug twats for assuming it was all over.

None of the Liverpool lot shook hands with the Arsenal players at the final whistle either.

I seem to remember thinking at the time, that that'd teach the smug t***s for assuming it was all over.

None of the Liverpool lot shook hands with the Arsenal players at the final whistle either.

Can't remember about other Liverpool players but distinctly remember John Aldridge refusing and this was about 6 weeks after he ruffled Brian Laws's hair after he OG'd in th cup semi final. It was a major reason, though not the only one why I hated the snide scouse git