Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

On 06/08/2021 at 08:10, r0cafella said:

From what I’m reading, CVC are basically fronting money to obtain 10% of tv revenue for 50 years?

Maybe someone can correct me here?

Yes, it looks like that's the case. Honestly, looks like a bad deal since La liga will generate more than the fronted amount in the coming 50 years.

18 minutes ago, Village Idiot said:

Yes, it looks like that's the case. Honestly, looks like a bad deal since La liga will generate more than the fronted amount in the coming 50 years.

Sounds like an absolute terrible deal. A deal designed to divide the teams though so it may work. 

FFP is stupid anyway. If a club can afford to buy someone they should be able to whether it seems unfair or not. If a club spends beyond their means and are skint/in debt, they should have to sell players, etc.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

47 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

FFP is stupid anyway. If a club can afford to buy someone they should be able to whether it seems unfair or not. If a club spends beyond their means and are skint/in debt, they should have to sell players, etc.

Not fair on the fans iirc :thup:

4 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

UEFA/FIFA/the FAs allow these owners in, so if they deem them ‘fit and proper’ and they can use their wealth to buy who they want with whatever money they’ve got, it should be fair game imo. 

Aye, I can't see why they can't put their own money in, it's the leverage buy outs that should be stopped but those are the ones that go through the quickest.

I don't think it should just be wild west but FFP is clearly utter wank. Hard salary cap. Job done. You can even make it an astronomical number. Just not as astronomical as the top 10 wage bills in Europe or something.

2 hours ago, SEMTEX said:

I don't think it should just be wild west but FFP is clearly utter wank. Hard salary cap. Job done. You can even make it an astronomical number. Just not as astronomical as the top 10 wage bills in Europe or something.

Ya, all in for that shit

13 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

i8UpDO2.jpg

Was was this all about then yesterday? :lol:

Does Colo still own a house in Newcastle and rent it out to players?

Yeah, was just reading about this and apparently so [emoji38]

2 hours ago, Wullie said:

Quite common among footballers to do that I think. 

Definitely makes sense to me. In a career where you're making loads of cash and move around cities a bit, buy a house in every city you're traded to, keep 'em for a decade or so after while renting them to other footballers who pass through during their career, sell for profit.

Listened to the last free true faith podcast.

I'm gobsmacked they are still pretty excited about returning to the match. Using the excuse of "seeing the lads" and "having a few pints in the boozer" just seem moronic.

They could do that without attending the game itself, but if one of their mates is going then they don't want to miss out.

This is why no actual worthwhile action will be levelled at Ashley/PL as fans are led by their heart and an almost bound by duty notion.

Don't want to go at fans, just my thoughts from and apathetic tired fan point of view.

11 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Listened to the last free true faith podcast.

I'm gobsmacked they are still pretty excited about returning to the match. Using the excuse of "seeing the lads" and "having a few pints in the boozer" just seem moronic.

They could do that without attending the game itself, but if one of their mates is going then they don't want to miss out.

This is why no actual worthwhile action will be levelled at Ashley/PL as fans are led by their heart and an almost bound by duty notion.

Don't want to go at fans, just my thoughts from and apathetic tired fan point of view.

download-1.jpg