Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Loved Robert, but he had some absolutely infuriating games as well where he simply could not hit a single corner kick past the first man, took a shot at goal every time he was within 30m of goal to the visible disgust of his team mates, misplaced easy passes and hardly broke a sweat. His lows were as low as his highs were high, and I think a lot of the reputation he got outside of NUFC was formed by his quite frequent shockers.

2 hours ago, Conjo said:

Loved Robert, but he had some absolutely infuriating games as well where he simply could not hit a single corner kick past the first man, took a shot at goal every time he was within 30m of goal to the visible disgust of his team mates, misplaced easy passes and hardly broke a sweat. His lows were as low as his highs were high, and I think a lot of the reputation he got outside of NUFC was formed by his quite frequent shockers.

Watched Robert turn up for Toronto FC and dude was clearly mailing it in. Jogged a bit but would just shoot nearly every pass he got. Then again, John Carver was the head coach so that could explain it.

7 hours ago, Conjo said:

I don’t remember him being that bad , in fact for me he was a huge part of why we were successful in them times. He was a better player ( more output and more impact ) than Ginola and Ben Arafat who are universally loved.  

Will be a difficult one for FIFA.

You've got a corrupted organisation with blood on their hands, and wealthy backers wanting a return on their investment, on the other hand you have the situation going on with Russia.

28 minutes ago, tgarve said:

I don’t remember him being that bad , in fact for me he was a huge part of why we were successful in them times. He was a better player ( more output and more impact ) than Ginola and Ben Arafat who are universally loved.  

I'd have to hunt out the stats again but a few years ago when I checked I'm sure Ben Arfa had a better G+A per minute ratio than Robert 

12 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

I'd have to hunt out the stats again but a few years ago when I checked I'm sure Ben Arfa had a better G+A per minute ratio than Robert 

Possibly but he played probably double the games…

obviously Ben Arfa had more talent… just think Robert and Bellamy really turned us round back then along with Dyer

22 minutes ago, tgarve said:

Possibly but he played probably double the games…

obviously Ben Arfa had more talent… just think Robert and Bellamy really turned us round back then along with Dyer

I think Pardew played a part in that however don't get me wrong, I'm not having a go at Robert, I absolutely love the guy and you are spot on, that transfer window was quite transformative for us. 

Just think sometimes people don't realise how effective Ben Arfa was, especially when you consider a lot of his minutes were interrupted by being chucked on and Pardew expecting "magic" after his starters had let him down

5 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

I think Pardew played a part in that however don't get me wrong, I'm not having a go at Robert, I absolutely love the guy and you are spot on, that transfer window was quite transformative for us. 

Just think sometimes people don't realise how effective Ben Arfa was, especially when you consider a lot of his minutes were interrupted by being chucked on and Pardew expecting "magic" after his starters had let him down

That’s true like , think that’s happened a lot through his career , though the stats show he’s twice as good when starting games - even the other night v Chelsea I feel lille would have got something if he started the game

there seems to be too much focus on ‘ being a hard working / pressing team ‘ these days rather than actually scoring a fucking goal ! 

2 hours ago, tgarve said:

No doubt about that. He was one of the key figures to our success under SBR and was a great player, but he was quite inconsistent.

Guest neesy111
1 minute ago, La Parka said:

Still owns it though right? Just going into hiding? 

I don't think so, sounds like he's transferred his percen9 of the club to them.