Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

3 hours ago, The Butcher said:

Fucking hell:lol:

Pretty sure I've worked with a couple of people like that. Always does everything to the letter of the procedure, has no charisma but still tries to inspire people with no conviction using something read from a self help book, always wants (or forces themselves) to talk to as many people as possible but rarely have anything interesting to talk about. Hate them. 

11 hours ago, Tsunami said:

that’s quite possibly the best goal I’ve seen; full stop. Outrageous to hit a half volley that far from goal and see it still rising into the top corner.

Aye, that's why it's such an incredible goal. Reminds of that goal from Seedorf 

8 hours ago, Rafalove said:

Quite like this

Not followed them especially closely post-Bielsa but of the bits I've seen, I quite like Jesse Marsch. Seems like he's got something and is very earnest and intelligent. 

Off to see their League Cup game against Barnsley on Wednesday night, looking forward to it.

Sometimes I like to make myself feel miserable as a Newcastle fan by thinking of the players we let go before they got a chance. 

GK: Forster

RB: Tavernier

CB: Bradley Orr

CB: Huntington

LB: Mbabu

MID: Beardsley
MID: Merino
MID: Viana
FW: Armstrong
FW: Toney
FW: Thauvin

Bench: Darren Huckerby, Bobby Clark, 

I put Beardsley in as we released him as kid [emoji38] 

Edited by OCK

7 minutes ago, OCK said:

Sometimes I like to make myself feel miserable as a Newcastle fan by thinking of the players we let go before they got a chance. 

Jon Dahl Tomasson, Giuseppe Rossi

21 minutes ago, OCK said:

Other than Steven Taylor and Dummet, both of whom have had too many chances for us it shows we cannot produce any decent CBs. 

It’s not the greatest XI, you could arguably put in Carrick over Beardsley due to recency. Shows we haven’t produced much at all in the academy in over 30 years. You could also put Vuckic or Bigrimana in there but then you could say they did get a chance.

Wonder what happened to all those highly rated youngsters in Carr’s time, Oliver Kemen, Zamblera, Aaron Spear etc. The fact not even one of them made it to any decent level shows how poor our youth set up has been. 

2 hours ago, OCK said:

Got a pretty fair crack didn't he? Not like he ever went onto being a PL-standard player. Same with Orr; the limit very much mid-table Champo.

There's very few CBs who I regret us losing tbf, so if you've chucked them in to fill gaps in the team I wouldn't argue. :lol: There's probably only Distin I can think of but wasn't that on him rather then us not wanting him? Can't remember. Was a bit of a shame that Bassong was here when he was, but again he never exactly pulled you any trees in his career. Yanga-Mbiwa another one who was just here under the wrong regime maybe? Just looked him up and looks like his career went to pieces, only 33 but been without a club for a couple of seasons. 

30 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Have that:lol: such a pointless tackle. 

Even the commentators were shocked. 'pero, por que?' [emoji38]

There was an article the other day on the BBC Sport site that had a load of images to represent and portray the 30 years of the Premier League and one of them was this: 

s.jpg

I'm absolutely, 100% glad that tackles like this are no longer part of the game (as that one in the above video should be) but there's just that small part of me that can almost admire what's happening, which is probably not the phrase I mean, but when it's Eric Cantona coming up against Peter Reid, what is it that we're reasonably expecting to happen? It's almost majestic how Peter Reid leaps like the out of place and out of time salmon he is. It encapsulates the ending of one era and the start of a new one as Cantona glides by (hopefully, I assume).