Liverpool vs. Newcastle United - 31/8/22 @ 8pm (BTSport)

We do have a mini injury crisis, and they played on Sunday. Any injuries to Botman or Schar in this, and some on here would do a 180 at relativistic speeds, complaining about how Eddie risked them needlessly in a lost cause.

At the same time, Lascelles against them :lol:

Edited by Vinny Green Balls

Just now, cubaricho said:

I mean he’s a total douche to be fair. 

He's a wotsit toothed bellend who seems to have picked up the scouse chips on shoulders whilst maintaining his German sense of humour.

And he tried to blame a witch for his team being shit, the absolute whopper.

If they lose, look forward to 'grass-was-too-grassy' type bullshit from him.

6 minutes ago, Elephant said:

What the hell is this? Never expected something like this from Howe. Just lost of words, what the hell is that starting XI?!?

Pope

Trippier 

Lascelles (c) 

Burn

Targett

Fraser

Longstaff 

Willock 

Joelinton

Isak

Almirón 

1 minute ago, Nate said:

Klopp was just parroting Neves about us being a direct, physical team who play for second balls. He also said we try to disrupt games with persistent fouling. A bit odd!

Good. He'll be in for a shock then.

2 minutes ago, JumpersForGoalposts said:

He's a wotsit toothed bellend who seems to have picked up the scouse chips on shoulders whilst maintaining his German sense of humour.

And he tried to blame a witch for his team being shit, the absolute whopper.

If they lose, look forward to 'grass-was-too-grassy' type bullshit from him.

A witch?? :lol: :lol:

I don’t understand the received wisdom on here around Lascelles like. Perfectly serviceable centre back who has more good games than bad for us. His form went to absolute shit under Bruce but then so did Schar’s. He’s got a rick in him but I trust Howe.

Of course now I’ve posted this he’s going to have a nightmare and I’m going to look like a twat.

I wouldn't mind Lascelles as much if he was partnering Botman with Burn at LB, with the aim of huddling them all up together with Isak and Joelinton on set pieces to try and and snatch a dirty win.

3 minutes ago, christ said:

I don’t understand the received wisdom on here around Lascelles like. Perfectly serviceable centre back who has more good games than bad for us. His form went to absolute shit under Bruce but then so did Schar’s. He’s got a rick in him but I trust Howe.

Of course now I’ve posted this he’s going to have a nightmare and I’m going to look like a twat.

He has his strengths but his overall positioning and ability on the ball is absolutely terrible. Besides winning aerial duels he’s often a complete liability on the pitch. 

The one thing I'll say about Lascelles is that when we're not the dominant team and the opposition play it long he's very good in the air.

Liverpool will dominate and TAA will probably be peppering our box with balls from deep, so maybe that's the thinking. Risky though.

20 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

I really like him as a manager and a lot of the stuff he says. Similar political views and all. But I have noticed in the last season or so. He has moaned about some weird shit and been a right cock to journos for no reason. 

Journos all over can't help themselves but British ones in particular seem to revel in being antagonistic twats imo. Think it got to him after a few years.

Edited by thomas