Newcastle United vs. Bournemouth: 17/09/2022 @ 3pm (No UK TV)

Johnny

6 hours ago, duo said:

How Steven Taylor ever got to play PL football I'll never know - wouldn't have done for any other club

The fact he was captain of England U21’s and once made the senior squad suggests he was more than capable for a decent period of time (granted not at the time of that video).

9 hours ago, Pandamninator said:

Bit harsh.

He was utter cack in the last couple of years after his body broke down, but he showed some promise before than.

Like many others, the club just rekt them.

Paired with the fact he was a bit dolly simple as well. I’ll never forget his memorable few months on Twitter where he was a bit racist to Tiote and tried to flog Herbalife to every cunt.

1 minute ago, BennyBlanco said:

Nah, the opposite for me. I think we’ll have Bruno and Maxi back anyway. Wilson will be another week or two. 

I fancy Wilson will be on the bench. Sensible statement by Howe on their availability, keep Bournemouth management guessing.

10 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

Whoever said it might be time to think about selling Wilson… I’m starting to land there too. Love him but fundamentally broken (although knowing our luck we’d sell and he’d play 5 straight seasons without problem for somebody odious like Everton).

He'll be gone soonish, just a matter of how many windows it takes to upgrade everyone. You can't accommodate someone who is so unreliable, except maybe as 3rd choice or so. 

Not sure how long his current contract is. 

On 14/09/2022 at 15:16, WillDanceForChocolate said:

I'm looking forward to the match. In regard to us, obviously everyone hones in on the 9-0 but defeats (even maulings) against the big six won't define our season. We've seven points from a possible nine in our other three matches so it's actually a decent start to the season. Plus, now Parker isn't around to tell the players they aren't good enough there seems to be a bit more belief about the place.

Not too sure how we'll line up. Our worst play this season has been the five at the back with wing backs but also our best attacking 45 was also with that set up. Feels like it doesn't work so well for us when we try to utilised it defensively but if we're looking to attack a team it can be effective. I wouldn't be surprised to see us start with the formation we began with against Forest, which was four at the back. Despite the 2-0 scoreline at halftime (one from poor marking on a corner and the other from a correctly given but pretty unfortunate penalty), it actually looked pretty solid. We let Forest have the play and they were pretty well contained in that period, not creating much from open play.

There's no doubt you have more quality than Forest, and a lot more team cohesion but there's also no team that knows better how much Howe likes to attack. I'd expect the game plan will be similar to Forest, in that we let you have the ball and look to hit you on the break with Solanke working the channels hard. If we have to chase the game, then I guess we'd go to the same plan B, with a wing backs setup and them given a license to get forward as much as possible which could leave a lot of gaps to exploit.

Expect Fraser to get booed every time he's near the ball. People tend to focus on the non-extension of his contract but that wasn't the big issue for most AFCB fans. The reason most hold him in such low regard is the way you could see he was completely half-hearted during the first half of the season and later on admitted he wasn't trying properly. And then he had to gall to come out and say if he'd have extended his contract we'd have stayed up. If there's one thing that's completely unacceptable it's a player deliberately downing tools on the pitch, especially when a team is going through an extended injury crisis and has to pick him as nobody else is fit.

Anyway, glad the match is on. I'd imagine Eddie will get a decent reception from our fans as well.

It won't affect him. Given how far away from the pitch you'll be, if you boo him at kick off, even allowing for the speed of sound, the boos won't reach the pitch till about quarter past 6.

Edited by madras

47 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

Whoever said it might be time to think about selling Wilson… I’m starting to land there too. Love him but fundamentally broken (although knowing our luck we’d sell and he’d play 5 straight seasons without problem for somebody odious like Everton).

I thought this season might be the one where he manages 30 games for us with a full pre season under his belt, proper sports science now within the club and having fully moved up to the area…

Injured 3 games in :lol:

Edited by Ryan

If St Max is touch and go, I'd have him on the bench. If we need him, take a risk and bring him on. But if we're well ahead, there's the international break to let him fully recover.

Same with Wilson, really - though I'm always more pessimistic about how long he'll need on past form. Plus, with Isak, there's less of a need in that role.

I'm assuming Bruno is OK, and that big Joe can do the strenuous running for him. It's also why I'd start Willock over Longstaff - faster and with a better engine, to let Bruno stroll about and pick passes.

1 hour ago, Theregulars said:

He'll start to be phased out now. Isak will see to that I reckon. Certainly from next season we'll start to see some fairly big changes to the starting 11 I reckon.

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

He'll start to be phased out now. Isak will see to that I reckon. Certainly from next season we'll start to see some fairly big changes to the starting 11 I reckon.

Other than Isak, I think there’s a really good chance our front three (and their back ups) have a very different look within two years.  

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

Other than Isak, I think there’s a really good chance our front three (and their back ups) have a very different look within two years.  

Midfield, too. Think 3 of or maybe even all of Joelinton, Willock, Shelvey and Longstaff will get nowhere near a league starting lineup from next season due to being phased out by just generally better footballers. 

6 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

Joe is class man. That's harsh. He misses Bruno though. 

I love him too but is he good enough on the ball to be in a midfield that regularly pushes and gets into the top 6? It's a medium term issue anyway, for the time being beg jow is fine for smashing into opposition players and getting into fights. :lol: