Tottenham Hotspur vs. Newcastle United - 23/10/22 @ 4:30pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:
1 hour ago, Big River said:

Wilson isn't play very well, in fairness. the rest is horseshit though, we could have scored 3 or 4 quite easily the other night.

I thought Wilson was class on Wednesday like. Didn't score but everything else he did was brilliant CF play. 

Yeah totally agree, I thought he was one of our best players on Wednesday. Held it up well and looked dangerous when he got a sniff. Pretty unlucky he's drawn a blank in the last two home games; that chance from the free-kick against Brentford was good, instinctive CF play and he was in the right position two or three times against Everton, just didn't land for him. 

4 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Absolutely no idea what the lads on Gallowgate Shots were smoking last night like. One of them was saying 'there's nothing going on with our attack' and reckons Wilson isn't playing well. Then another predicted a 4-1 Spurs win and they all predicted we'd lose easily. Very weird I thought. 

I mean, that is extreme and a bit outrageous. But I do think our attack and the way we try and build looks a bit disjointed at times.

But more because we struggle to play from the back into midfield and then build from there to try and create chances. I thought it was really noticeable second half against Everton. 

Minor gripe, though. As we are great from set pieces and with the counter press and trying to win the ball high up and spring something. So we do work openings across 90 minutes. The build up play will come with time and some new players/players back from injury. 

As for Wilson. I thought he was quality on Wednesday, with little service. Looked lively and sharp. But it does feel like he is saving himself somehow. Possibly even instructed to with his injury record and Isak being out for a while? 

5 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

I mean, that is extreme and a bit outrageous. But I do think our attack and the way we try and build looks a bit disjointed at times.

But more because we struggle to play from the back into midfield and then build from there to try and create chances. I thought it was really noticeable second half against Everton. 

Minor gripe, though. As we are great from set pieces and with the counter press and trying to win the ball high up and spring something. So we do work openings across 90 minutes. The build up play will come with time and some new players/players back from injury. 

As for Wilson. I thought he was quality on Wednesday, with little service. Looked lively and sharp. But it does feel like he is saving himself somehow. Possibly even instructed to with his injury record and Isak being out for a while? 

While I generally agree with that, and that we're just starting to really improve on that aspect of our team play, it's worth recalling that if Bruno knocks that chance in the bottom corner (or dummies it to Jow, who finishes), we're talking about one of the great team goals in the club's history.

56 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Spurs seemingly have quite a few injury concerns, Conte just said he will need to put his boots back on to play on Sunday due to injuries.

Didn't help Juventus last time he played against us when he had five strands of hair.

3 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

While I generally agree with that, and that we're just starting to really improve on that aspect of our team play, it's worth recalling that if Bruno knocks that chance in the bottom corner (or dummies it to Jow, who finishes), we're talking about one of the great team goals in the club's history.

100% and I might be wrong again. But I thought that came from winning it back when Everton were pushing up the pitch and we then worked that opening so quickly after nicking possession. It was unreal to watch, either way. 

Not seen any stats on it. But I feel like our final third possession numbers wouldn’t be great. There seems to be a lot of trying to work an opening, with us passing along the back line. But lacking that incisive pass through the lines. With only Bruno being a midfielder that is capable of getting it under pressure deep and making something happen. 

3 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

100% and I might be wrong again. But I thought that came from winning it back when Everton were pushing up the pitch and we then worked that opening so quickly after nicking possession. It was unreal to watch, either way. 

Not seen any stats on it. But I feel like our final third possession numbers wouldn’t be great. There seems to be a lot of trying to work an opening, with us passing along the back line. But lacking that incisive pass through the lines. With only Bruno being a midfielder that is capable of getting it under pressure deep and making something happen. 

No you're on the money, it was a transitional play, more just a general point that we do have that creativity

5 minutes ago, TRC said:

Really think Joelinton is key. Spurs are soft we need our beast in the middle for this.

You’re possibly right but who’s going to play his role in the second half because he tends to go missing.He’s the only real defensive midfield player in the squad.

Just now, et tu brute said:

In the photo of the training on the official site, Joelington was training but no sign of Bruno. Could be his lass is due to give birth

Don't want to sound like an absolute stalking cunt.....but I think you could be right