Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

On 17/03/2023 at 19:51, NE28 said:

As someone young enough to only remember us playing in one final I don’t think there’s a competition we could enter that I wouldn’t consider a major trophy

This is per literal definition a major trophy:

imagen-rtve-principal-5881485897.jpg

1 hour ago, 54 said:

Why not just have 22 robots on the pitch?

Ridiculous. Are they going to ban stuttered and Jorginho-style pens as well or should we just scrap pens altogether and give the fouled team an automatic goal.

What a needless rule change. Just getting harder and harder for the keeper and loaded way more in favour of the attacking player. When it is already the case and they have favourable odds. 

It’s not the fucking NFL. 

3 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Ridiculous. Are they going to ban stuttered and Jorginho-style pens as well or should we just scrap pens altogether and give the fouled team an automatic goal.

I'd be in favor of voiding the pen and letting the keeper chin the twats who do their little nonce rhumba in the runup tbh.

4 hours ago, BergenMagpie said:

Just seen that Bojan retired. Such a weird career. Probably the biggest waste of talent?

Dunno if it was a waste of talent…just doesn’t always click for some players.

Saw a tweet ages ago when he left Chelsea from some scout saying he could be the best player Chelsea have ever let go. Including the likes of Salah, DeBruyne etc

and now this

he must be really good

On 26/03/2023 at 11:29, BergenMagpie said:

Just seen that Bojan retired. Such a weird career. Probably the biggest waste of talent?

Remember watching him and Gio Dos Santos in pre-season a while back for Barca against Hearts at Murrayfield when they were about 17 and it looked like he had the world at his feet.

5 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Remember watching him and Gio Dos Santos in pre-season a while back for Barca against Hearts at Murrayfield when they were about 17 and it looked like he had the world at his feet.

Gio Dos Santos is a name I haven't heard in ages. Remember signing him on FM back in the day and him immediately hating me.

Played 5-a-side last night and former PL referee John Moss was playing just before us. He’s an absolute baller! He was miles older than everyone else on his team but he was class. Played up top and just bullied the defender. 
I just assumed all refs would be shit footballers

Edited by Holmesy

On 26/03/2023 at 01:22, 54 said:
Why not just have 22 robots on the pitch?

"We don’t want our players to be robots. We want them to be better football players because a robot doesn’t play football at this level.”  — Sir Bobby Robson (quote slightly modified)

9 minutes ago, Likelylad said:

Keep seeing Rob Earnshaw in my gym. It’s only a little place in Manchester City centre at £30 a month. 

I respect the thriftiness tbh😂

You'd think with the money he'd earned from the game he'd get those railings sorted out as a priority like. 

1 hour ago, Holmesy said:

Played 5-a-side last night and former PL referee John Moss was playing just before us. He’s an absolute baller! He was miles older than everyone else on his team but he was class. Played up top and just bullied the defender. 
I just assumed all refs would be shit footballers

My brother’s coach growing up was a former international level player, had signed for Forest before his knee blew out and limps now. Played a pick-up game against him and he megged me and then flicked it over my head and balanced it on the top of his foot. I fouled him shortly after