Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

13 hours ago, TBG said:

Enjoy 

The preview image alone makes watching that an impossibility for me. 

"Steve Bruce TRUTH....." 😂 blokes a pathological liar. 

"No tippy tappy football" because neither of those dinosaurs are capable of coaching any kind of possession based team.

Finally... the sight of both of their fat fucking enormous heads. Smiling cus they both got paid off for frauding the club pretending to be Football managers. 

You know what. If a day ever came where someone could actually self reflect and hold their hands up and just say "actually I underperformed there" instead of blaming the fans or the the club in general, I'd have some respect for them. But no Allardyce, Bruce, Souness, Pardew, have all for years just deflected away from their shiteness and helped perpetuate this lazy media opinion of our club. 

Thankfully Howe is showing all of those cunts how it's done. 

Argh my day is ruined before it's got started 😂😔

12 hours ago, Irish Magpie said:

Surprised I need to.

First post after yours, by El Prontonise,  explains my feelings on the subject.

0.5% of the population are problem gamblers. Why are people so keen on punishing the other 99.5%? Why the gambling commission/every man and their dog who don't know what they're talking about/government are wanting harsh measures in the industry is beyond me. 

The whole industry is fucked and all because of decisions made by people without a clue. The amount of AML and KYC checks happening right now is beyond anything we've ever seen. We're a nanny state being told how we can spend our own hard earned money. 

This agenda of stopping gambling advertising is just another kick in the balls. Unfortunately, the games gone and the majority of professional gamblers, and even those who do it for entertainment, can no longer get a bet on anywhere. I don't really see what horse racing is going to do: no bets = no levy = no prize money. 

What do we do next? Do we introduce weekly/monthly/yearly alcohol limits because a % of the population misuse alcohol ? (around 6%-10% - way higher than problem gamblers). 

The attacks on all things gambling has to stop but I fear it's already too late. Remember, gambling is NOT a bad thing. It's a fantastic source of entertainment for the overwhelming majority despite the negative connotations. 

1 minute ago, jack j said:

Lots of shouts for Billy Whitehurst from our fans

Was Before my time that

Struggling to think of any in recent times. Games changed loads I suppose

Dave Mackay I presume. Graham Roberts wouldn’t be too far off.

6 hours ago, jack j said:

Was Before my time that

We had Mick Harford too. Wouldn’t like to be the person to tell him Billy was harder and vice versa 󠀠

28 minutes ago, LFEE said:

We had Mick Harford too. Wouldn’t like to be the person to tell him Billy was harder and vice versa 󠀠

As hard as Mick was, I would suggest he was no match for Billy who was a genuine crackerjack. I was there the day he nearly ended Paul Bracewell's career (when the latter was at Everton)

7 hours ago, jack j said:

Was Before my time that

David Batty maybe in my lifetime of supporting the club

28 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

As hard as Mick was, I would suggest he was no match for Billy who was a genuine crackerjack. I was there the day he nearly ended Paul Bracewell's career (when the latter was at Everton)

Yep, I was there too. Bracewell and Trevor Steven (I think), tried to sandwich Whitehurst with the inevitable conclusion of big Billy dusting himself down as both teams physios raced on to tend to the two prostrate Everton players.

10 hours ago, Andymc1 said:

0.5% of the population are problem gamblers. Why are people so keen on punishing the other 99.5%? Why the gambling commission/every man and their dog who don't know what they're talking about/government are wanting harsh measures in the industry is beyond me. 

The whole industry is fucked and all because of decisions made by people without a clue. The amount of AML and KYC checks happening right now is beyond anything we've ever seen. We're a nanny state being told how we can spend our own hard earned money. 

This agenda of stopping gambling advertising is just another kick in the balls. Unfortunately, the games gone and the majority of professional gamblers, and even those who do it for entertainment, can no longer get a bet on anywhere. I don't really see what horse racing is going to do: no bets = no levy = no prize money. 

What do we do next? Do we introduce weekly/monthly/yearly alcohol limits because a % of the population misuse alcohol ? (around 6%-10% - way higher than problem gamblers). 

The attacks on all things gambling has to stop but I fear it's already too late. Remember, gambling is NOT a bad thing. It's a fantastic source of entertainment for the overwhelming majority despite the negative connotations. 

I can’t even fathom how wrong you are here 

11 hours ago, Andymc1 said:

I seriously doubt gambling industry is fucked. I’m against all kinds of bans (unless self-inflicted) but there’s absolutely zero need for any widespread and visible advertisement. People should be able to watch sports without being bombarded with betting ads.

Edited by Pata

I got locked into thinking everyone needed to be South American. :lol:

Managed 7/9 and was then fuming when I saw European players in the results.

Class game, though, cheers Haydn. Will try again tomorrow.

8 minutes ago, Rich said:

I got locked into thinking everyone needed to be South American. :lol:

Managed 7/9 and was then fuming when I saw European players in the results.

Class game, though, cheers Haydn. Will try again tomorrow.

😂 same.