Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

Typing my thoughts at this very exact moment… God I fucking love football again. I’m feeling revitalised as a human because of how positive everything has been for a while regarding Newcastle. 

This new Newcastle has me enjoying football so much more, but perhaps even more importantly also contributing to everything outside of football for the better too. Had some tough times but I really enjoy enjoying things more again and NUFC definitely is one of the reasons. I know it sounds insane how one can allow football to affect you so much for better or worse. I guess it’s a big part of my everyday life just like for many of you.

Enjoy your weekends lads and lasses. Can’t wait for tomorrow. Howay the lads.

This is becoming a proper saga. I thought there was a lot of chat that the Glazers were only going to allow a

minority stake to the winning bidder? Is that the case? Or are Radcliffe / Jassim bidding for the ownership outright? I imagine their fans would prefer Jassim if he’s got more wealth than Radcliffe but haven’t been following it at all

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

This is becoming a proper saga. I thought there was a lot of chat that the Glazers were only going to allow a

minority stake to the winning bidder? Is that the case? Or are Radcliffe / Jassim bidding for the ownership outright? I imagine their fans would prefer Jassim if he’s got more wealth than Radcliffe but haven’t been following it at all

Talk is Ratcliffe will allows Glazers to maintain 20% stake

18 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Jassim is a full ownership, Radcliffe is partial. Supposedly. 

18 minutes ago, Ronson333 said:

No big Joe or Isak, but Nunez and Holjberg make the shortlist.

Almost like VAR had a look at this. Romero who has shipped goals for fun? Havertz and Nunez? why is Toney not in? Did they forgot Lloris on this list? 

On 27/04/2023 at 04:23, Deuce said:

Impressive! Any particular favorites (SJP aside)?

You set my mind right off for a couple of days asking that.

The best I've been for atmosphere is Hampden, so I love that ground in a way. And I like how there are no tiers there, but it has a track around the pitch which is a big negative in terms of the ground itself.

My favourites are typically the older ones that are dying out. So Goodison Park is maybe my favourite. I love the way it's just in amongst terrace houses too- Highbury was like that as well.

London Road (Peterborough) was special because it's the only time I got to experience old-style terracing for a Newcastle league match, when we were in the champ. (I actually had my ticket in the small seated area and I hung around outside the stadium trying to swap, after failing to bluff my way past the turnstiles. I ended up buying a terrace one off someone, then selling mine. Definitely worth the hassle)

Likes of San Siro, Azteca and old Wembley were special just knowing where you are and the history.

Kai fucking Havertz :lol: That's criminal. The entire club that he plays for have scored fewer goals than our front 3 and only 10 more than Ivan Toney. An absurd nomination, he's been absolutely shit.

Trippier and Pope aside our players that have been shortlisted aren't among our best players this season (Almiron was up to World Cup but not since), but it was entirely predictable that the star names would get picked over the actual best 2 in our defence and midfield this season.

Edited by Kid Icarus

Only just noticed how much more of a mess it is.

Fucking Kepa ffs :lol: That's outrageous 

No Schär, Stones or Ake but Romero's there

Bentancur and Hojberg :lol: but no Joelinton, Bruno Fernandes or countless other better performing midfielders

Haverz and Nunes but no Toney, Wilson, Mitrovic