The Europeometer™ (2023/24) - permutations in O.P.

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

618 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

6 minutes ago, Checko said:

I like to imagine you handwrite all your posts in a freezing writer's shed at the bottom of your garden, wearing a battered old coat and fingerless gloves, accompanied only by a metal coffee flask, an ashtray overflowing with roll-up butts, and stacks of NUFC history books all over the floor. Then you have to give your note scraps to a kindly old neighbour to publish online for you.

Are you psychic? Almost spot on, except it’s a garret with a single cracked single glazing pane (looks bright out…) and overflowing B&H blue. 

I’ve added Spurs, to the comparison with our Top 4 rivals. Looking at relative difficulty of games to date and where points have come from so far. 
image001.png.7506267c3da7680c7b2f7b8d31e47322.png

We have had a harder start than either MU or AV: 8 games against Tier 1&2 sides  (6 at home and 2 away) compared to 6 for MU (3H 3A) and 5 for AV (1H 4A). TH have had a more comparable start to us: 7 games against T1&2 sides (4 at home and 3 away). 

image002.png.56afbf51e4a81266e646df870715862b.png

In terms of points accrued we have 15 from T1&T2 (all home). MU have 3pts (H) and AV have 9pts (3H 6A) all from T2 sides. Neither of them have taken any points from T1 sides.

TH have taken 9pts from T1&2 (6H, 3A). 

On form to date, Spurs look like strongest competition for fourth. Though they don’t look the same team without Maddison (no points in Nov, when ‘should’ have accrued 5 or 6) whereas we’ve limped along quite nicely (so far). They also have a killer run end of 4 games in Apr-May: New A, Ars H, MC H, Liv A which might determine their season. 

Tiers based largely on league position last year (T1=MC, Ars, MU, NU, Liv; T2=Bri, AV, TH, Bre, Che etc.). 

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

We can just do the best we can with what we've got. I said before we played Chelsea if we could stay within about 8 points of the top 4 going into the New Year with players coming back we'd give ourselves a chance. We're probably going to be much nearer that. 

If you look at our fixtures then it isn’t a bad run at all once you get January out of the way, the sort you would want for a run in.

2 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

I don't even worry about what the other teams around us are doing , if we do what we did last season we will be top 4/5 regardless of what the other teams do. So far we are pretty much on course for that.

Exactly. It's only a bad week if we don't win tomorrow. 

2 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

I don't even worry about what the other teams around us are doing , if we do what we did last season we will be top 4/5 regardless of what the other teams do. So far we are pretty much on course for that.

Liverpool are going to do better than what we finished on last season, and Villa's momentum could easily push them into the mid 70s too. I'm comfortable with us finishing 6-7th this season in the circumstances, I still think we can push a bit higher though. We probably could do with winning one of the next two and they're not going to be easy.