Anthony Gordon

Jack27

Just now, gbandit said:

Think there’s a very good chance we’ll see Gordon on the right at some point but not starting. When his fitness is up to the full 90 I can see him switching to the right towards the end of matches with Barnes coming on 

That’s what I was hoping for yesterday. 

We know Eddie likes inverted wingers, the exception being Jacob Murphy who I think has forced himself into the reckoning through his determination and hard work. 

I always had a feeling Gordon was the ASM replacement in advance given that. 

Just now, astraguy said:

Did he pick up a knock? Can't see him in the under 21 squad 

Not sure he's eligible anymore mate... When they get picked to start the qualifiers for the tournaments I think they have to be 21 and under but he's 22 so it's just the big boys for him now. 

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/features/anthony-gordon-programme-interview-23-24/

interview with Gordon from todays programme. 

talked about the dummy spit at Brentford last season: 

One notable misstep came in United's win at Brentford in April, when his petulant reaction to being replaced late on - having only come on as a substitute himself at half time - brought headlines. It must be strange to have the mistakes he says he learns so much from play out in a very public domain. "Yeah, but I think also sometimes I haven't helped myself, that moment being one. That's probably the worst moment of my footballing career, to be fair. I am quite emotional with football, and I think that's a positive, but there's certain situations where you've just got to handle them in the correct way and I definitely didn't in that moment.

"But it was another opportunity to learn for me. I'm still a young lad and I'm going to make mistakes. I wasn't too worried about what people thought of me. I sort of accepted it was a mistake and spoke to the manager, apologised, and he was excellent throughout that process. Our relationship is as good as it's ever been right now, probably because of those things - we've been through those experiences to where we are now."

Just now, Holloway said:

Oh lighten up ffs

No I won't FFS. You ever read the Luke Chadwick story? You ever read about people with body dysmorphia. One of my old friends from the Venice tried to off himself a few times over and what people said about him on social media. 

Some of you can be seriously  unempathetic twats.