[The League Cup Final] Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 26/02/2023 @ 4.30pm (Sky)

Nobody

55 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

It was before my time, but my folks always talked about it when I was a kid, and before the ‘98 and ‘99 finals.  By all accounts Shankly’s teamtalk was pinning Supermac’s interview to the dressing room wall (according to Emlyn Hughes anyway - there was a man I couldn’t find likeable).  

Mac thought he could put Liverpool aeay on his own,but they had a young Kk and a winger called Steve Highway (sp) who ran rings around us. Emlyn Hughes was better than anything we had,too 

Just now, LondonMag said:

Think im one of the other 23 @TheGuvgutted is an understatement has ruined the game for me now, hopefully plenty more finals to come

We’ve had an awful day and an awful weeks. I’m with you and the other lads all the way. Disgusting what’s happened tbh.

1 minute ago, TheGuv said:

We’ve had an awful day and an awful weeks. I’m with you and the other lads all the way. Disgusting what’s happened tbh.

Congrats on getting tickets with your dad, they won't like the storm coming there way

This forum really does restore my faith in the fanbase at times.

A really nice turn of events for you @TheGuv. Hope you and your dad can enjoy it and the lads do the business so we can all eventually celebrate something!

Fair play kind NO stranger!

1 hour ago, TheGuv said:

I’m not sure how to say this and I won’t tag the forum member in this (unless he wants me to). I’ve gone from the absolute pits to the highest of highs in a few hours. 

A wonderful, wonderful person off this forum has kindly met me tonight in London and gifted me his tickets. He wouldn’t take any money. We’ve had a few beers and a great time together.  My dad and I will be donating to a charity of his choice, as was his request. 

This forum, has been a part of my life for more than half of my life. I’ve met so many of you from this, and my life is better for it. I hope all of you meeting up for the first time on Sunday enjoy it, as you’ll make friends for life.

What a fucking place this is. I love you all.

Fucking hell, absolutely chuffed for you mate. And fuck me, whoever has done this is an absolute legend beyond words.

2 hours ago, geordie_b said:

Gutting reading this, special moment stolen.

If you find another pair of tickets ill be more than happy to chuck a few quid your way to start covering the cost, im sure there will be others on here willing to too

Don't post very much on here, more of a lurker but what's happened sounds terrible. People can be utter arseholes. More than happy to chuck in a few quid to help out.

1 hour ago, TheGuv said:

I’m not sure how to say this and I won’t tag the forum member in this (unless he wants me to). I’ve gone from the absolute pits to the highest of highs in a few hours. 

A wonderful, wonderful person off this forum has kindly met me tonight in London and gifted me his tickets. He wouldn’t take any money. We’ve had a few beers and a great time together.  My dad and I will be donating to a charity of his choice, as was his request. 

This forum, has been a part of my life for more than half of my life. I’ve met so many of you from this, and my life is better for it. I hope all of you meeting up for the first time on Sunday enjoy it, as you’ll make friends for life.

Link the charity and I'll hoy in a few quid for him. Brilliant work from whoever it was. 

27 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

How did the scam go down? Was it actual Newcastle fans pretending to sell their tickets? or scam websites, or random people pretending to sell Club Wembley tickets or what?

Disgusting all round like. 

I’ll update once everyone has their money back mate. 

2 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

Link the charity and I'll hoy in a few quid for him. Brilliant work from whoever it was. 

https://www.thecalmzone.net

🙏 It means a lot the poster 👍🏻

2 hours ago, Holloway said:

Mac thought he could put Liverpool aeay on his own,but they had a young Kk and a winger called Steve Highway (sp) who ran rings around us. Emlyn Hughes was better than anything we had,too 

No question re his talent, but Hughes always came across as a tosser, especially on QoS

4 hours ago, TheGuv said:

Wow fucking amazing