Newcastle United vs. Liverpool - 18/02/23 @ 5:30pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

16 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

There’s no hatred. Just haven’t seen a player remotely close to the level required. More a criticism of the club than him. 

He's not up to the level required, but he does look like a fierce competitor, tomorrow's game might suit him, even off the bench. They need this win more than us, it might play in our favour. It's one of those games where a draw might be as good as a win all things considered.

As expected the RAWK cunts think they have just got to turn up tomorrow. Hopefully we can send the pricks and their shithouse manager packing. The self entitlement of their (and Man Utd's) fan base continues. 

Edited by et tu brute

7 hours ago, et tu brute said:

As expected the RAWK cunts think they have just got to turn up tomorrow. Hopefully we can send the pricks and their shithouse manager packing. The self entitlement of their (and Man Utd's) fan base continues. 

I think they’re often worse than Man United fans 

Gordon will surely start. He can play in a midfield three or further forward, so the choice would then be between Maxi and Anderson. Maxi sometimes turns it on against the better sides, and he may have some success against Trent, so I'd play him, albeit just for the first hour. I'd like to see Anderson given more than just the final 10 minutes - that doesn't really give him a proper chance. I'd also like Isak to start rather than Wilson. 

The return of Van Dijk is bad news, but Liverpool have yet to find the attacking threat that they had with Sane - Firmino - Salah. Klopp has a bit of a history of going off the boil, and he doesn't come across as that sure of himself right now.

So many times in the last 18 months I've approached games with trepidation, but it's turned out okay. 

The happy go lucky scouse is a fallacy, them and the scouse mackems have always had a vicious element to their support.

First time at Anfield was early 70s, the Anfield rd end was not segregated, Newcastle and Liverpool fans were at it all game, the coppers watched on.

Ambushes in Stanley Pk on the way back to the busses, even local lads playing football stopped and joined in the fighting.

One year the coppers had us surrounded, they telt the Liverpool lot to move on, the scousers telt the coppers to fuck off and charged into us......that was an eye opener and I don't mind admitting scary!

We've also had our moments at Anfield, including on the Kop!

Fuck the Scouse

Can't stand these entitled arseholes. 

Never enjoy playing them, tough game where I'd take a draw right now. The bairns coming over with me today, going to be hard to keep a lid on my emotions where these are involved. 

Think this has a bit of a Bournemouth at home feel to it now with SBR's birthday mixed with the awful news about poor Christian Atsu.

Hardly important like, but I hope we give them both a performance worth dedicating to them.

Edited by Kid Icarus

25 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Not massively confident but massively looking forward to it. Always feel an emotional edge against Liverpool. 

Yeah, struggling to be confident about this one, with Bruno out, Wilson doubtful and Liverpool off the back of an important win. A draw feels like it would be a decent result.

Think minds might be on the final next week and I can’t really blame them for it. 

also along with the fact this will break a club record 17 game unbeaten run I believe and if we avoid defeat it’ll be the first time no team has done the double on us since 03/04 you just know we’ll lose :lol:

ill say 1-1 draw tho as we love a draw 

Edited by gdm

Apart from Man City. We haven’t let more than a goal in at home.

As long as they don’t get a corner. We should be ok.

I have a shit feeling if they manage to score during open play. It will be a maxi fall over from a tackle and a counter while maxi still sits on the floor after the goal. Pretending he needs airlifting to the RVI

Can anyone help me out with a ticket query? I’ve called the box office but they’re closed.

I’ve got a kids ticket for today (sitting next to me) but my boy can’t go to the match as he’s ill. The last time I was in the box office on a match day I’m sure I saw someone paying to upgrade a kids ticket to an adults. Can anyone confirm?