Aston Villa 3-0 Newcastle United (15/04/2023)

Disco

4 minutes ago, worthy said:

What is supposed to be Gordons strengths? Serious question though, cause I dont understand what he is bought in for.

Agree with this assessment as he hasn’t really shown any of the quality you’d be expecting from a £40m player. I’ve always thought that he didn’t have any clear qualities that could make him so expensive. I still think he needs to be given time, you can’t judge him on that shocking first half from the whole team 

1 minute ago, Lush Vlad said:

What’s the general consensus then? Hard to tell from the radio. But sounds like we’ve been battered, Isak barely been mentioned, Gordon not doing much and Burn poor, again? 

Watkins been all over the whole team basically. 10 out of 10.

Just now, GWN said:

Well that was more the energy from them than anything to do with us . We were us , they were just hungry as fuck . 

We need to up the pressing 

We were absolutely not our usual selves, like. Worst I've seen us play all season. 

Hopefully Eddie does the business at half-time again, because we're looking awful at the moment. 

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Villa haven't capitalised.

We'll adjust at half time and win it in the second half.

I hope you're right Kaks. Seems like a bit of a perfect storm out there. Ref buying absolutely everything is infuriating.

2 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

What’s the general consensus then? Hard to tell from the radio. But sounds like we’ve been battered, Isak barely been mentioned, Gordon not doing much and Burn poor, again? 

Wilson on for Gordon/Murphy and a similar formation to the second half at Brentford?

Lucky to only be down 1. Feels like 22 v 11.

Bruno has been poor as well, but I feel that the whole midfield looks disconnected from the back players, it's all very disjointed. Maybe switch to 4-4-2 like second half against Brentford.

Despite that half, Villa are by no means invincible. Wilson and Isak up top and they'll shit themselves, rightly so. Still more than a chance we come away with something here. Oh and if I wasn't clear with my previous 6000 posts, get Burn off for fuck sake

1-0 flatter us to be honest, we've been lethargic, with their defense stifling anything we've tried. Been really impressed with them to be fair, they're pressing and intensity is incredible. 

Just now, The Bonk said:

Everyone has been subpar, but Gordon is the scapegoat today. [emoji38]

I'd forgotten how painful things get on here when things aren't going great. It's been interesting :lol:

5 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Not been this outplayed since Brighton. Watkins with the best single performance we have met this season. You could say sub Burn, Gordon, Murphy, Trippier they have all been terrible. 

Who played a similar 4-2-2-2 system and flooded the centre of the field. Our pressing doesn’t work as well when teams are doing this.

Just now, ExiledGeordie said:

I don’t dare look on Twitter ?? They’ve played really well, we’ve been shite, there’s still 45 mins to go. It’ll be Armageddon for some though. 

I'm hoping their intensity keeps dipping, we'd wrestled our way back into it by around the half hour mark but that first period had my toes curling.

This is what other teams must feel like when they play us :lol:.

If Howe can turn it round from here, again, it'll be monumental. But I would, of course, snatch your hand off for a point.

We surely have to go 4-2-3-1 again with Wilson and Isak? And maybe persist with it from now on if both are fit?

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

That's why even up to now we've conceded the fewest goals in the league.

I mean, this is such an embarrassing over emotional reaction to one half of football it's cringeworthy.

Yep we’re one down. Let’s give up. We’ve already lost.