Newcastle United vs. Brighton & Hove Albion: 18/05/23 @ 19:30 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

8 hours ago, Dokko said:

Hattrick of bad nights for the north east clubs?

I remember the season when Shearer retired. The last week I think we clinched European football, Boro lost the UEFA Cup final, and sure Sunderland went out of the playoffs or went down, something like that, and we won Shearers testimonial.

All within the space of a week, I said then it was probably at the time, a dream week for us, hoping for the same today/Monday.

Guest reefatoon

Well, up and pottering about already. Only the 13 hours to go. Fucking come on!!!

9 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Rare bit of genuine ITK here, but had it confirmed to me that this ref categorically is a Liverpool fan. 

According to people down there he’s a blue nose, but you never know who to believe 

Now I remember why I’m nervous about this one. My memories of Brighton up here go back to a sunny Saturday and Peter Ward.

Newcastle's 2-1 victory at St James' Park last season is their only triumph in the 11 Premier League meetings between the sides.

Brighton have kept eight clean sheets versus the Magpies in the Premier League, more than against any other side.

1 hour ago, Stifler said:

I remember the season when Shearer retired. The last week I think we clinched European football, Boro lost the UEFA Cup final, and sure Sunderland went out of the playoffs or went down, something like that, and we won Shearers testimonial.

All within the space of a week, I said then it was probably at the time, a dream week for us, hoping for the same today/Monday.

Sunderland went down, Shearer got injured at their place when we beat them 4-1.. I think Shearer scored 2 that day and one was defo a penalty.

Just now, Nine said:

Sunderland went down, Shearer got injured at their place when we beat them 4-1.. I think Shearer scored 2 that day and one was defo a penalty.

Shearer scored the pen.  Chopra, N'Zogbia and Luque got the others.

Not suggesting that this is on my mind or anything, but I a dream we played them at Goodison Park for some reason and were 4-1 down at half time. Just had a second ruled out for offside before I woke up.

One of the main reasons I want us to get this top for spot is to stick it up all of the media roasters who think Man United and particularly Liverpool are entitled to be in the Champions League every year.   Particularly the bellwhiffs on BT Sport and Carragher, although Carragher does give us a fair amount of credit.

Keep feeling like this could be our Arsenal 2022 moment where we just couldn't do the job. But then like as has always been said, it would take a massive drop off in form for us to not make it on our own steam.

The fact I'm even having that thought is absolutely crazy considering where we were a couple season ago.

Missing tonight's game due to work and I'm not sure if that's a blessing as I'd be a wreck in that stadium come kick off [emoji38]:indi:

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

Now I remember why I’m nervous about this one. My memories of Brighton up here go back to a sunny Saturday and Peter Ward.

Newcastle's 2-1 victory at St James' Park last season is their only triumph in the 11 Premier League meetings between the sides.

Brighton have kept eight clean sheets versus the Magpies in the Premier League, more than against any other side.

to flip that around Howe is p1, w1 at home lbs Brighton

God I'm sick for this. Granted, I'd take this every time over the previous years where this feeling would come because it's a relegation 6 pointer. 

For some reason I feel like we're going to show up tonight. Going for an uber confident 3-1.