Chelsea vs. Newcastle United: 28/05/23 @ 16:30 (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

1st time this season I'm chilled on match day. 

It's not, as some suggest, a dead rubber tho.

There's the small matter of 3rd/4th 

There's the "unbeaten in London" 

There's integrity & pride. 

There's that image of our results with only 5 defeats from just the 4 teams

Eddie'll put out the strongest team he can. 

4 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

He will but most fans see this as a bit meh, integrity, pride, London image really not fussed about any of that mate .

3rd/4th is important for money like for the club but not the fans I suspect.

Just now, GWN said:

He will but most fans see this as a bit meh, integrity, pride, London image really not fussed about any of that mate .

3rd/4th is important for money like for the club but not the fans I suspect.

I appreciate that and, of course, each to their own in regards to final day ambitions. 

I just think, for Howe & the team, there's something in it for them. 

As I say, I'm chilled

Winning and possibly getting 3rd would be the icing on the succulent soft cake this season has been. We should be aiming to win it, especially when it would be at a ground where we typically don’t win at very often.

Would be nice for Botman to get a goal. Same also for Anderson. 

A clean sheet is what I really want though. Would potentially guarantee us having the best defensive record this season.

2 hours ago, Groundhog63 said:

Would be nice to preserve the above of course but after an energy and emotion sapping season, particularly the last few weeks I won’t be getting too invested in it. Be interesting to see what team we put out and how we approach it considering we have reached our goal, we went to Burnley last season and turned them over despite it being a game whereby we had nowt to play for.

Going to enjoy the big games at the foot of the table, watching three decent sized clubs to see which ones drop.

Edited by Danh1

1 minute ago, STM said:

Might be the first time I've ever not been bothered about the result. 3rd would be lush but top 4 was the golden goose.

Aye, would love to end the season on a high but if we don’t play well or we lose today it’s going to mean nothing to me 

So nice going into this just being able to sit back and enjoy it, we have done our job and a win today would be a nice icing on the cake for what has been an amazing season, anything else and well, it doesn't really matter much as i'm much more interested in wither both Leeds and Everton can go down today.

No pressure today, just have fun, keep a clean sheet and go for a win against a dogshit club. It would be the icing on the best cake we've had in 20 years

Wish Joelinton was playing, what a BOSS he's been for so long now. This comp just reminded me of how vital he is to us:

Novel feeling of not shitting myself hours before kick off. For me personally, I'd like to see fringe players given a chance. Don't really care about the result, as awful as that sounds