Nicolo Barella

HaydnNUFC

22 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

My guess is he either got a new source that he thought was good or his editors told him he needs to drive more pageviews.

I think he just wanted to cause

chaos. Dropped them both then went on holiday.

11 minutes ago, TRC said:

Hes on 150k a week so I think it would take huge wages to get him here.

It doesn't totally line up. Would be a MASSIVE statement of intent though.

- Having to break our wage structure dramatically which Eddie has said isn't happening. 

- He is a life long Inter fan, they are doing well and just got to CL final.  Seems weird he is willing to leave.

- Hard to believe if he was available a ton of other clubs would be bidding.

Clearly a smokescreen for McTominay.

I can easily imagine there's nothing in it.  The scenario where Inter are needing to sell (apparently) and that being the sort of thing our team will be all over I can quite imagine. I don't think Edwards is good enough to have factored that in and has just stumbled across something. Given his past slagging off of Amanda I cant see how he'd have any legit intel.

Edited by Wolfcastle

The fact McGrath has penned his name too on this gives me some hope there are legs here. Hardy and Hope both have said he’s a target. This is ambitious, I’ll take it at face value - but would love it if we pulled this one off. Inter need money, this is a level changer for our midfielder. He’s one of the best in the world and sky is absolutely the limit for him if he joins our project. 

At that price there'd surely be top clubs across Europe forming a queue? It might be legit but the price doesn't sound right. If Inter have money problems and are deciding to bite the bullet, they'd surely want more for one of their star players. Unless this is like the MacAllister deal and it's 50m with a tonne of add ons making it about 70.

2 hours ago, timeEd32 said:

My guess is he either got a new source that he thought was good or his editors told him he needs to drive more pageviews.

The 8000+ retweets on the Telegraph account aren't overwhelming evidence, but they certainly point us in a direction. 

I agree with @ponsaelius though. The lad looks a wonderful player, but I don't think most Italian players look at the Premier League with the same fondness and if he's on fat money in Milan I can't see him swapping that to come here. There will always be exceptions to those rules, but it also sounds like Inter are looking to do a deal for Onana first and then Brozovic. 

Barella could easily be in their midfield for five years. Brozovic won't. 

There's nothing wrong with transfer speculations for the club but I take everything with a pinch of salt.

Before this window closes we will be linked will all kinds of players and likely sign a few we've never heard of but will likely be untapped quality and the odd sort of marquee signing.

11 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Just read that they were looking for 70m for Onana. They’ll surely be wanting Enzo money for this guy then, despite our seemingly genuine interest.

I have an Inter supporting mate. He said with the loan fee plus transfer fee they paid close to £50m for him three years ago and said even though they're in a bit of financial difficulty he wouldn't expect Barella to go for less than £100m as he has three years on his deal. He said it would be £150m if he had his way. :lol:

He did say he's a prick and based on a lot of reports in Italy is disliked in the Inter dressing room. He apparently hates Lukaku and has had onfield arguments with him and has reacted poorly to being subbed this season as well, so there could be other factors in play that allow him to leave for a cut price.

Edited by Froggy

If he is on 150kpw then this new Bruno deal will surely bring him up to that level at the least. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see a new (internal) wage structure this summer. Starting with Bruno and then work backwards from there.

3 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I have an Inter supporting mate. He said with the loan fee plus transfer fee they paid close to £50m for him three years ago and said even though they're in a bit of financial difficulty he wouldn't expect Barella to go for less than £100m as he has three years on his deal. He said it would be £150m if he had his way. :lol:

He did say he's a prick and based on a lot of reports in Italy is disliked in the Inter dressing room. He apparently hates Lukaku and has had onfield arguments with him and has reacted poorly to being subbed this season as well, so there could be other factors in play that allow him to leave for a cut price.

Don’t Inter also need to sell to bring in Lukaku, in addition to their loan that needs to be repaid?

3 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Don’t Inter also need to sell to bring in Lukaku, in addition to their loan that needs to be repaid?

They're trying to get Koulibaly and Lukaku on loan but Chelsea want a permanent sale, so Inter using Onana as leverage for those deals. Don't think Barella will factor into those signings but they probably will need to sell someone. Just can't see them selling their crown jewel for such a small fee.

At this price for a very reputable proven player you’d have imagined that Liverpool, Man Utd  and others would be very interested.

For ourselves to seemingly have exclusivity at that price I would have to suspect that something has happened between PIF and Inter, not forgetting that PIF were linked with investment in Inter not too long ago.