NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

4 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Does anybody have any evidence that Livramento can play on the left because I keep seeing it and I’m sure it’s bollocks. 

According to his playing history he’s never played there

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/tino-livramento/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/503981

It was mentioned by a Southampton podcaster on Loaded Mag when we were first linked with him that he has. Not as much, but definitely has.

5 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

It was mentioned by a Southampton podcaster on Loaded Mag when we were first linked with him that he has. Not as much, but definitely has.

Just to add as I watched that - the podcaster said very infrequently - so in a 38 game season possiblly 2/3 times?

If we get Livramento and a CB I’d be over the moon

Maybe LB is upgraded in 24/25

19 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Does anybody have any evidence that Livramento can play on the left because I keep seeing it and I’m sure it’s bollocks. 

According to his playing history he’s never played there

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/tino-livramento/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/503981

“Livramento is very attack-minded, so attacking that he has occasionally played as a winger for the development side, although he spends the majority of his playing time as a wing-back. He usually plays as a right wing-back, however, he can play on the left just as comfortably (as he did against Liverpool on the 19th of February).”

https://breakingthelines.com/scouting-report/scouting-report-valentino-livramento/

1 minute ago, andycap said:

So what are we thinking? Livramento loan to buy. 

Maybes connor Gallagher loan to buy. 

And a centre back loan to buy. 

I just don’t rate Gallagher at all, he doesn’t offer anything more than we already have. I’d rather keep the money and play Anderson 

Folks still not getting why we’d be after Livramento is doing my head in.

For one, Trippier will be 33 in a couple of months and his primary backup is coming back from a major injury (and I understand Livramento is too). Depth is good.

But more than that, it’s a long play. Our transfer strategy isn’t solely about filling holes…we wouldn’t have signed Tonali if that were the case, because upgrading on Longstaff wasn’t a priority. It’s about identifying bargains and opportunities to improve the squad across the board. Coming off an injury and now playing for a relegated side, Livramento’s price is likely lower than it would’ve been. If it pans out, we’ve found our long term RB who has the potential to be England’s first choice at the position.

Edited by Deuce

Livramento is an exciting opportunistic signing. He's going to be a great player in the future and this may be our one shot to get him "cheap". As long as it doesn't impact getting the players in other positions that we need we should all be behind such a deal.

2 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Livramento is an exciting opportunistic signing. He's going to be a great player in the future and this may be our one shot to get him "cheap". As long as it doesn't impact getting the players in other positions that we need we should all be behind such a deal.

He's also cover on the right wing

13 minutes ago, andycap said:

No chance we either want or need Gallagher.

19 minutes ago, andycap said:

Swap Gallagher for a creative RW/AM. We have enough graft on that side and need a true game changer.

Still seems pretty essential to Barnes coming in that we get a top quality LB but I guess it could wait until January worst case. 

The only reason any selling club would be interested in any kind of ‘loan to buy’ situation, is to move on a player who’s wages they no longer want to pay, to move on an unhappy/unwanted player, or for some accounting reason where they are better off receiving the money at a later date.

Can’t see how any of them apply to Southampton/Livramento.

3 hours ago, Nucasol said:

Fucking revolting that. 

100k grant or payment or something was what i heard.

might be bollocks.

my kids play sunday league and there's always wild rumours going round.

3 hours ago, SteV said:

The only reason any selling club would be interested in any kind of ‘loan to buy’ situation, is to move on a player who’s wages they no longer want to pay, to move on an unhappy/unwanted player, or for some accounting reason where they are better off receiving the money at a later date.

Can’t see how any of them apply to Southampton/Livramento.

Unsure if there's any truth in the rumour itself but Chiesa may apply to that. Juve have a past for doing it for incomings and outgoings; it's how they signed Douglas Costa and sold Kulusevski. 

3 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Unsure if there's any truth in the rumour itself but Chiesa may apply to that. Juve have a past for doing it for incomings and outgoings; it's how they signed Douglas Costa and sold Kulusevski. 

Aye, it would certainly appear more of a possibility in that scenario.

With absolutely nothing to back it up, I kind of think the ‘success’ rate of these type of deals is much lower than your standard transfers. Sure there’s someone obvious that completely dispels that, but on the whole I’m just not sure about them.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

I reckon Andersen in next and that will be us done (assuming Barnes and Livramento sign)

I know he’s a decent passer of the ball but is he even an upgrade on Schar? 

I think we either need to sign a youngster who we can develop or if it is a player around Andersens age then they should be a significant upgrade.

Not sure we want to deal with PL sides for players. The fees are inflated to ridiculous levels, hence we’ve targeted championship clubs, and more opportunistic signings.

Not sure Andersen is the answer.

2 minutes ago, Gazzaschicken said:

I'm sure this "loan" narrative appears every window but never materialises.

I think the club are just fuckin with everyone. Had to sell maxi to buy Barnes apparently but chuck a livramento in as well for 30m while we are at it.

PIF:

I haven't seen enough of Andersen to know. Definitely the least sexy CB linked so far. Probably have to pay 20m more for Guehi. Disasi links don't seem to want to go away. Inacio at Sporting CP might still be on the radar too.