Newcastle United 1-2 Liverpool (27/08/23)

Yorkie

42 minutes ago, pubteam said:

Next time the opposition goes down a man we may as well go into a low block. We look so confused playing against 10 men. That game is going to haunt us for a very long time, you can see all the pundits bringing it up on a regular basis, it's like the new 4:3.

It's only the 3rd time the opposition has gone down to 10 men with the match balanced and any significant time left :lol: and the first time we haven't gone on to win. 

15 minutes ago, Beardsleyp said:

I used to like Newcastle. Blood money has changed the club to another Chelsea. Yesterday was one of the most enjoyable wins for a long long time. Newcastle’s best team for half a century, we are about 4 players short of a good squad and we go to your fake plastic ground and beat you with ten men hahahaha. Tindall is the biggest pr1ck in football, seeing him trying to shush klopp and then klopp buzzing off him when we went 2-1 up was a truly brilliant brilliant moment. Absolute no-mark he is. Fact is, no matter how much Saudi blood money you spend, you will never ever be a club if the stature of liverpool despite how much you all want it.

Love you all. 

:mung:

This one hurts a bit more this morning. Liverpool and their wanking fans can gloat all they like. I said it last night, I'll say the same this morning. We bloody gifted that to them yesterday. They scored from 2 errors. Can't remember any genuine stop Pope needed to make prior to that.

Edited by nufcjb

2 minutes ago, Paulinho said:

10+ people biting on every wind-up will surely discourage future attempts. Good job guys. 

I mean it's fairly innocent like mate [emoji38]

Try a post of that ilk on rawk and you'd probably be reported to the police for picking on poor Liverpool.

52 minutes ago, Lish007 said:

A good result at Brighton will go a long way in healing this gaping wound. 

But even if we got a draw, I'm not gonna panic. We have by far the toughest start and I'm sure it was put there to derail us by any means

Rise above! 

52 minutes ago, NEEJ said:

"The reds fought back to overcome the PL/FA/UEFA conspiracy that works against them in every possible way."

Or something like that. 

Nice juxtaposition of consecutive posts.

Didn't Liverpool just accept £60-70m of Saudi money a few weeks ago? :lol: Salah will be next. 

TBF my several LFC supporting mates are much quieter than usual. They know they got away with one yesterday, and potentially those days are going to be fewer and far between as the decade goes on. I think it's the first time ever any of them have shown any humility when beating us.

Clearly the subs didn't work out but I think it is only with hindsight that you can say EH got that wrong. The management team have access to all the heart rate data and based the substitution of Gordon and Tonali on this data. Bringing Wilson and Barnes on worked well against Villa and could have led to a similar ending.

I think when EH looks at the last two games he'll be working on ball retention and pass accuracy.

Rome isn't built in a day.

30 minutes ago, Beardsleyp said:

I used to like Newcastle. Blood money has changed the club to another Chelsea. Yesterday was one of the most enjoyable wins for a long long time. Newcastle’s best team for half a century, we are about 4 players short of a good squad and we go to your fake plastic ground and beat you with ten men hahahaha. Tindall is the biggest pr1ck in football, seeing him trying to shush klopp and then klopp buzzing off him when we went 2-1 up was a truly brilliant brilliant moment. Absolute no-mark he is. Fact is, no matter how much Saudi blood money you spend, you will never ever be a club if the stature of liverpool despite how much you all want it.

Love you all. 

Here fishy fishy [emoji38]

Also, this is quite good in a 'chin up' sort of way with it coming from a neutral. Basically saying that yes we got things wrong and maybe had a bit of social loafing going on, but that we played well and that the sending off forced Liverpool to play better and in the way they should have from the start.

He has Botman and Schär the wrong way around, which analysts seem to love doing for some reason, but I'll let him off. :lol:

38 minutes ago, 5th Place FC said:

Love you all. 

Fair play it was a good win. Who you hoping to draw in the Champions League this year mate?

Tindall needs to fucking pipe down like. We're just inviting blowback and lowering ourselves to Klopp's level (except abusing officials).

The Guardian has it right today - Howe needs to change his attitude for these games.

Edited by Turnbull2000

58 minutes ago, 5th Place FC said:

Love you all. 

You ok hun?

33 minutes ago, morpeth mag said:

Clearly the subs didn't work out but I think it is only with hindsight that you can say EH got that wrong. The management team have access to all the heart rate data and based the substitution of Gordon and Tonali on this data. Bringing Wilson and Barnes on worked well against Villa and could have led to a similar ending.

I think when EH looks at the last two games he'll be working on ball retention and pass accuracy.

Rome isn't built in a day.

This is how I see it. I actually thought we needed to make changes. As we had lost our way a bit. 

I guess Gordon and Tonali are still fully getting up to speed in this team. As I think that is two games in a row they have come off after an hour or so. More of a concern is that it’s two games in a row where Barnes and Wilson have come on and looked atrocious. 

I don’t think you can legislate for how bad the subs were compared to who they replaced. As has been said by many. They will have all the data to hand and I get why the subs were made. It doesn’t bother me like it does others.

Pretty much my only regular, albeit minor gripe, with Howe. Is that when the onus is on us to break a team down in the final third. We ofren look toothless and run out of ideas. It was on full show again yesterday. 

Work nice wide openings, but don’t get men in the box for the cross or flat out decide against it. 
Take on long shots that are never on and are usually tame or nowhere near the goal. 
Dwell on the ball and want extra touches when the shot/pass is on. 
Force the ball into the box with through balls or dinks that are really low percentage. 

It is still a planet sized, lemon flavoured pill to swallow. We should have done better. But the woodwork, Alison and some pathetic finishing have kept them in it. Then undone by some freakish finishing from Nuñez. I think that makes it even harder to take as whilst you felt like we might fuck it up. It was still well out of the blue when it happened. 

Still not quite there in trying to eat at the top table. It was like the belief wasn’t quite there yesterday from the manager and the players, somehow. 

Edited by Lush Vlad

5 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

Tindall needs to fucking pipe down like. We're just inviting blowback and lowering ourselves to Klopp's level (except abusing officials).

The Guardian has it right today - Howe needs to change his attitude for these games.

Nah, with a turn of luck we would have mauled these yesterday.

Edited by Ben

13 minutes ago, BlueStar said:

Ha, when was this? I know they got £12m of bloody money for "Hendo"

Aye £40m for fabinho. Thryll be getting £100m for salah in the next year as well. 

2 hours ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Give it a couple more transfer windows and we’ll be having these scouse rats for breakfast. 

Exactly. FFP will only get easier for us. If we want Maddison or Diaby, we'll have a much stronger chance of landing them.

12 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

From what, to what?