Paris Saint-Germain vs. Newcastle United - 28/11/23 @ 20:00 (Live on TNT Sports)

7 minutes ago, Armchair Pundit said:

I take it going out of the Champions League no longer drops us into the Europa League?

... It won't matter though, Mbappe's running scared, we got this tonight :indi:

3rd still = EL, but if there's 2 home wins in the group tonight then were guaranteed 4th, and out altogether, with one match to play.

A win tonight would be up with the biggest results in my lifetime given the opponents, competition and injury list. I'm always pessimistic and those results v Dortmund haven't raised my hopes. Feels like a massive opportunity for our club to further raise it's profile though. 

Let's see where we are at 10pm, at the very least we need the Milan game to have some jeopardy.

I mean, no matter what happens, we'll learn and grow from it. It'd be fucking insane to qualify from this group, but we're not visitors to this level of football. We'll be back in a year or two.

Would anyone swap dropping out of Europe altogether for another all out attempt to finish in top 4 again? Or better yet, winning the League Cup and qualify for Europe through that?

I have enjoyed our ride thus far and i won't be dissapointed whatever happens. Simply put, we maybe would have (maybe still can) go much further in this competition had it not been for this incredible injury crisis hitting us at the wrong time. If we lose tonight, but win against Milan, I'd be happy with how we have fared. We can try to be here again and I would hope every fan continue to support the team as much as we did last season even if we are out of Europe.

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

If we get a draw then a Milan win is the best outcome since we'd finish top 2 regardless we then beat Milan at home.

Exactly. Hope we can get a draw tonight and Milan win at San Siro. Then we have a "final" at SJP against Milan.

1 hour ago, nufcjb said:

Would anyone swap dropping out of Europe altogether for another all out attempt to finish in top 4 again? Or better yet, winning the League Cup and qualify for Europe through that?

I have enjoyed our ride thus far and i won't be dissapointed whatever happens. Simply put, we maybe would have (maybe still can) go much further in this competition had it not been for this incredible injury crisis hitting us at the wrong time. If we lose tonight, but win against Milan, I'd be happy with how we have fared. We can try to be here again and I would hope every fan continue to support the team as much as we did last season even if we are out of Europe.

If we win the League Cup then it would 'only' be the Europa Conference, and dropping into the Europa League from the CL would at least be another shot of CL qualification for next season, and a cup of course. 

I'd personally much prefer to drop into the Europa than finish 4th in the group, but I'd at least want the final Milan match to be somewhat live, even if a draw or loss meant elimination from Europe altogether. We could rest players, go easy etc. but worst case scenario for me would be for that Milan home match to have absolutely nothing on it, so in hoping there's at least something to play for at 10pm tonight, and I suspect the most likely outcome for that to he the case would be for Dortmund to get something in Italy tonight.

Edited by Paullow