Liverpool 4-2 Newcastle United (01/01/2024)

BlueStar

1 minute ago, Jordan said:

Gordon looks absolutely fucked. Waste of a shirt in this condition. 

He was still one of our most active players to be fair. We can't afford to ground him unto the treatment bench though. He is so important to us.

1 minute ago, Numbers said:

Not sure why the bloke is involved for Liverpool games, actually cant find a good reason for him to be involved at all hes a cock.

He's class on Paramount tbf to him, but that's the ensemble. Him doing their games like that's normal is wild.

2 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Was thinking that myself. Towards the last 15 mind of the half we actually player some nice passes and actually started to play a bit. We've been so wasteful though. Gordon has been shocking.

I'm glad we've got a real coach in Howe and are still trying to pass our way out, which Gary Neville seemed to think was suicidal early on in the first half. That's how good teams play Gary.

3 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

I was leaning towards how opponents had to react to him being in our side,the doubling sometimes treble marking on him, I genuinely think his presence on the left was what unlocked Miggy and the goals he managed last season, Miggy had so little pressure on the right because sides were worried about what kind of threat Saint-Maximin may bring.

Goals for Almiron last season in PL: 11

Goals for Almiron in games where ASM started: 3

I don’t think it had much to do with ASM

Gordon seems like a total confidence player. He is fully back to the useless form of last season and has been for weeks. Not sure how he gets it back atm.

3 minutes ago, simonsays said:

Jamie thinks it's a penalty.  Shock horror

He did the slowest "slow motion" I've ever seen and I still haven't seen this massive contact he's talking about.

3 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Think he has to get Miggy on despite him being atrocious in the last game

Yes. I think Gordon is still trying to do the right things, he's just spent.

1 minute ago, Smal said:

Gordon seems like a total confidence player. He is fully back to the useless form of last season and has been for weeks. Not sure how he gets it back atm.

I think flash needs a few weeks rest he never misses a game. So I think it's a bit harsh to blame his performances of late. 

We've tried a few times to shut up shop and just defend for the last 30 minutes. I don't think it's ever worked, which makes it even more bold that were trying it from kickoff.

First 25 minutes was awful. I know we're up against a good side, but we seemed to lack composure.

Tino - when you're fouled, go down. If you struggle to stay on your feet and lose it, you won't get the free kick.

Gordon - You often seem to half a yard away from being in the right position to make a tackle. Very frustrating.

However, when the pace died down a bit, we managed to get one or two chances. Something to cling on to in the second half, at least.