José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

No question Jose was a decent left back during his time at our club, but i cant help thinking he was made to look a lot better with Jonas covering his ass and helping him out with a lot donkey work tracking back.

It is made more apparently how he look rather average with the less than industrial type wide men he got infront of him at lfc.

Conversely he made Jonas look twice the player he currently is. I think it's fair to say they clicked and were a very effective left flank. Would have him back in a heartbeat, especially since I'm not convinced LB will ultimately be Santon's best position. I can see Santon and Ben Arfa developping into a rather tasty right flank too.

The understanding between players is sadly lacking now. We used to have Enrique/Jonas/Colo and Barton/Nolan/Carroll. Currently we might have more talented players but I don't particularly see any effective partnership anywhere on the pitch. Would love to have Enrique back for this reason and to add much needed width ('right' foot) to our system considering we play 442 mostly. Santon can adapt to the right given time and yes, a potential link-up with Ben Arfa.

think he was the perfect partner to colo at the left hand side. Colo isn't the strongest of lads, so Enrique could take some of that burden from him as colo just picked up the scraps. He's also lightning quick, and when playing with confidence ther wasn't many better in the league either. Would love to have him back.