Official - Rozehnal joins Lazio permanently

Guest johnson293

Bought for £2.9m, according to that we'll sell him for £4.5m. Not bad business, hope he does well there.

He'll probably flop and we'll be stuck with him. I don't understand any of this, tbh. From the start, Allardyce said that Rozehnal was going to be bedded in slowly, and I'm sure Rozehnal knew that, but because we were in the shit (i.e. Ben Haim didn't come and Faye took his time, etc.) he had to play from the off. However, he's still not up to PL standard, so fuck knows why he's bleating about not getting games.

The whole thing's insane to me.

Newcastle defender David Rozehnal has explained his reasons for joining Lazio on loan with a view to a permanent move.

The 27-year-old Czech Republic international wants to play in his preferred position as Euro 2008 looms.

The £2.9million summer signing from Paris Saint-Germain was unhappy about being on the bench under Sam Allardyce, and also being asked to play out of position by new Magpies boss Kevin Keegan.

When asked why he decided to move, he told Sport: "Because I want to play. I know I will not have it certain there either but I think I will be getting more chances to play there than at Newcastle.

"I was not feeling well there most recently. I was playing in different positions so when this offer came I did not hesitate."

He believes the Premier League is a great and a high-quality competition, but "it also has its cons".

"I have appeared in most of the games and did a good job. Despite that, all of a sudden I was put aside.

"I hope that in the summer I will be satisfied with this decision. It was a quick one but not a rash one," said Rozehnal, who admitted the chance to play in Euro 2008 played a big part in his decision.

"I was not feeling at Newcastle that I would be playing regularly. Lazio paid big money for me so I believe they will give me a chance. I want to make the best of it, not only for me but also for Lazio and also for the Euro 2008."

Lazio have paid one million euros now and, if they want to use the option and buy Rozehnal in the summer, will have to pay a further five million euros to Newcastle.

Rozehnal, who hopes to make his debut for Lazio against Sampdoria on Sunday, wants to make his stay in Rome a long one.

"I would like to spend plenty of years there, I feel I need to settle down in a high-quality club. And Lazio are of a high-quality, although they may not have been so successful lately."

His agent Pavel Zika revealed that it is a dream come true for Rozehnal to move to Italy.

"Two days ago, he told me 'I want to leave'. And Lazio wanted him, he was the number one target for them. David has fulfilled his dream as he has always wanted to play in Italy or Spain," Zika remarked.

http://dev.football365.co.za/news/international_news/rozehnal_happy_with_lazio_move_2208151313.php

Guest RodrigoPalacio

Wait... we are making a profit of a player????? \o/ \o/ \o/

Yeah, just like we did with Woodgate, Jenas and Dyer to name a few.

Bought for £2.9m, according to that we'll sell him for £4.5m. Not bad business, hope he does well there.

He'll probably flop and we'll be stuck with him. I don't understand any of this, tbh. From the start, Allardyce said that Rozehnal was going to be bedded in slowly, and I'm sure Rozehnal knew that, but because we were in the shit (i.e. Ben Haim didn't come and Faye took his time, etc.) he had to play from the off. However, he's still not up to PL standard, so fuck knows why he's bleating about not getting games.

I don't think he'll flop, Italian football should suit him quite well.

He'll probably flop and we'll be stuck with him. I don't understand any of this, tbh. From the start, Allardyce said that Rozehnal was going to be bedded in slowly, and I'm sure Rozehnal knew that, but because we were in the s*** (i.e. Ben Haim didn't come and Faye took his time, etc.) he had to play from the off. However, he's still not up to PL standard, so f*** knows why he's bleating about not getting games.

We've done well to get that!

He played out of position in about 3 games when we literally had no other option - how can he complain abou that the fucking tit?

Didnt he play more games in midfield than he did in defence for PSG last season aswell? :lol:

Does anyone think he was the mole in the dressing room? He was interviewed on telly that day but he could have added about the Arsenal team talk off air. That would explain why KK was in such a rush to get rid of him.

Or is this a conspiracy theory too far?  :yikes:

Does anyone think he was the mole in the dressing room? He was interviewed on telly that day but he could have added about the Arsenal team talk off air. That would explain why KK was in such a rush to get rid of him.

Or is this a conspiracy theory too far?  :yikes:

The mole's Taylor. I'll eat one of my own bollocks if it's not.

• 1 month later...

Sounds like Lazio think he's shite as well.

Another player were going to have to shift in the summer.

Would of been interested to see Roz here to be honest, i really liked him as a player. Back four of Beye-Roz-Faye-Enrique have the right blend to be a success. I always rated Roz and am sure theres a consistent assured performer in there somwhere.

He may be back in the Summer. He's not been starting games for Lazio. According to Sky's statistics he has only played 3 times for Lazio and two of them appearances are from the bench.

http://www.skysports.com/football/player/0,19754,11862_222175,00.html

He went to Lazio to try to guarantee being picked for Euro 2008 Czech squad. I bet he's regretting going to Lazio and moaning about the Newcastle weather now!